Steam machines!  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Steam machines!

by Nelike Imagery » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 am

Hi!

Check out this tour of steam machines in a container and leave feedback :)

http://imaginefinland.fi/virtualtours/steamrator/

Regards,

Jesse Passoja
Nelike Imagery
www.inelike.fi
Latest panoramas: http://inelike.fi/aiheeton/latest-panoramas/

no avatar
Michal Kazmierczak

Info

by Michal Kazmierczak » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 am

Great work! Very clean and natural colors...
Nice :)

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 am

Hi!

Thank you :) That's my goal in fact :) To create natural, sharp and clean panoramas. Hopefully i'm doing it right!

Regards,

Jesse

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:13 am

yes.. nice quality, very sharp.. what gear did you use....??

This in my opinion give Virtual Tours true value.. What other medium can showcase a 'space' better.. Video is time consuming and often hard to work with and images only provide part of the story... Yet many companies prefer images and video.. I guess in time Virtual Tours will be seen to have more value than it has at the moment....

Destiny...

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Destiny and thanks :) My gear is Canon 7D with sigma 8mm fisheye. Shot with 9 brackets.

Virtual tours are pretty new compared to video and pictures, it will take some time people to get used to it. Thanks to Google streetview tho, more are aware of it than before. Some arguments not to get virtual panoramas instead of normal pictures, were that in pictures they can decide what they show and crop things out what are not wanted. And this came from a house company... Sounds like cheating consumers to me but that's their business.

Regards,

Jesse

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:05 am

emm.. Hey Jesse, I think if I buy a full frame fisheye, I will look at the sigma.. nice lenses..

How did you fuse the 9 bracketed shots and what EV did you use.. I have only just now be able to experiment with 9+ bracketed shot with my D800... But my VR Drive II can create heaps more bracketed shots with the HDR software.... I played with it yesterday.. I can fuse up to 19 images with Photomatix but thats going to be huge... I might try that one day.... ;)

We can only hope that the Google map and street view thing helps us, but with the way they squish up their nadir, not so sure it will convince some.. The nadir footprint looks terrible.. I applied early last to be a Google photographer but never heard back; they advise to use the 8mm sigma I believe.. Cannot use my VR Drive, since the Nodal Ninja head is only used.. Just capture the VR images and send in to Google to stuff them up... Apparently in Europe, there is a mob where real estate agents send their images into and they get VR's back... but not great quality apparently.. not sure how it all works or what the VRs look like.. I was only told this is one option for real estate agents.. Not good that this and the Google process cheapens the quality of Virtual Tours......

Destiny...

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 am

Destiny wrote:yes.. nice quality, very sharp.. what gear did you use....??

This in my opinion give Virtual Tours true value.. What other medium can showcase a 'space' better.. Video is time consuming and often hard to work with and images only provide part of the story... Yet many companies prefer images and video.. I guess in time Virtual Tours will be seen to have more value than it has at the moment....

Destiny...

Stills are less expensive; and so are short video clips which these days could be shot even with mobile phones.

And of course video and stills are easier to incorporate with social networking.

I guess the issue/objection one needs to overcome is the question of what panoramic images and virtual tours can do for the client's bottom line that short video clips and stills cannot.

Alternatively why not offer the client any and all of these - video, stills, panoramic images and virtual tours?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 am

@Destiny: I don't only fuse the images but also process them in photoshop after. Picture what comes out of HDR program is just basic thing for me, rest i do manually in ps. What i have noticed is that real estates don't want to buy panoramas really. Only if you manage to shoot them almost for free, they might use it. Atleast here in Finland they don't see the value added panoramas bring. Google only want to produce large quantities of panoramas instead of quality. And it's kinda hard to compete with them so better tell customers that you do quality panoramas instead of quantities :)

@Mediavets: That's what im usually offering as you saw from this tour. Panoramas show general and large spaces, pictures show details what are covered in panoramas or what customer what to point out. Amazing with panoramas is that you can implement anything in there.But then again, are people willing to pay for all of them?

Regards,

Jesse

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:26 am

Yes Jesse.. we are only going for quality at all times.. Our aim is to only offer high quality and give the Google thing a mis.. So we try really hard to improve on our technques. Never stop leaning..

Me too.. Photomatix then Photoshop... and sometimes, Lightroom... Use where ever to get the best out of the images..

@Andrew.. I agree, this is why we bought the D800... and the D90.. So we can on the spot capture images, video and VRs... I am still waiting on my 64 gig mem card to give the Video on my D800 a workout.. ;)...

Destiny....