Where is the "Fusion Tool window" ?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Bmachine

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Where is the "Fusion Tool window" ?

by Bmachine » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Hello again.

i have decided to try my hand at the LDR methods mentioned in the docs here:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/LDR_/_HDR_-_Workflow_case_B

In Example 1, the text says:

"To get a preview of the fusion in the editor, you only need to enable it on the fusion tool window."

I have looked everytwhere and I cannot see anything that mentions "Show fusion tool window" or something similar. Even when I do a search in the docs pdf, the only thing I get is a description of "Exposure Fusion". Nothing about a tool...

Thank you

Bo
iMac 27. OS 10.8.5. Aperture, APG, PS and Lightzone.
Nikon D600. Mostly handheld.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:40 am

If you mean this.. its after Detection.. then press edit...

Goog luck with doing fusion here...

Destiny..

Last edited by Destiny on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Bmachine

Topic author
Info

by Bmachine » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 am

Wow. Thank you for your reply Destiny.

But this comes as a surprise as I do not have that icon in my version! I am using APP 2.5.2.

Is this only available in APG? The tutorial I referenced above does not mention anything about that...

BTW. I have read with great interest your 7 page account of your trials and tribulations with fusion. I must say it does not look very encouraging. I also read in another thread that GURL had outlined a step by step workflow for a single image. Seemed promising if a little convoluted...

Bo

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:49 am

Bmachine wrote:But this comes as a surprise as I do not have that icon in my version! I am using APP 2.5.2.

Is this only available in APG?

'Customisable fusion' is only available in APG:

http://www.kolor.com/autopano-pro-giga-comparison.html
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Bmachine

Topic author
Info

by Bmachine » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Aha! Thank you mediavet. I wish that had been more clearly indicated in the tutorial. Would have kept me from wasting a whole bunch of time searching the help files and the forums.

Thank you.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:24 am

Hi, yes sorry, this is an apg 2.6b4 feature...... I am still playing with it... ptp is a great software app where most of it is working very well and it gets better and better with each new release.. But to be honest, I think the more complicated software to get right would be apg... There are probably more technical issues to overcome. The stitching in a normal manner is excellent, giving great value to the term Auto... The blending and overall output is really nice... But I personally want more.... I feel that the single shot does not capture enough detail whereas fused sets of 3 images or more does... Unfortunately apg fails in my mind in creating an acceptable fused pano. Too much has to be set by trial and error giving little value to the term Auto. To be honest, I think the development on things like the little preview window should not have been done at this time, even though I can see the merit in it since I have put a pol out to vote on for something similar. I feel that the fusion side needs sorting out as priority no. 1. All other extras can be developed later. In other words, fix what is there before moving on with other things that don't work very well. The way I see it... this is how ptp is developing.. Its all working very well and new stuff is being added that also works... Which is how it should be done.... There are many other things I would like to see included in ptp but as far as I am concerned, ptp is the best of the best software available in creating VR tours.

Destiny....

Bmachine wrote:Wow. Thank you for your reply Destiny.

But this comes as a surprise as I do not have that icon in my version! I am using APP 2.5.2.

Is this only available in APG? The tutorial I referenced above does not mention anything about that...

BTW. I have read with great interest your 7 page account of your trials and tribulations with fusion. I must say it does not look very encouraging. I also read in another thread that GURL had outlined a step by step workflow for a single image. Seemed promising if a little convoluted...

Bo

no avatar
Jaja

Info

by Jaja » Thu May 17, 2012 10:32 am

Hi! I also have a beginner question, as i dont seem to see how to put exposure fusion in operation.
I am trying to follow the workflow B with some testing images of a room and window, in APG 2.6.0. I simplified it down to a single bracketed shot (3 images) so there is no panorama either.
I was not happy with the amount of lighening the dark areas and darkening the window. Later I realised all the exposure changes and blending have been coming from playing with the color anchors. Basically, the results of render with fusion enabled and disabled are identical if other settings are kept the same! (i checked "enabled" in the fusion settings window too)
Is there something i dont understand?
Thanks!
Jaja

no avatar
Jaja

Info

by Jaja » Thu May 17, 2012 11:05 am

ah, ok, at some point while trying different options i had drifted away from separating images into layers! when i do that, i do see a difference between anti-ghost and fusion rendering. but it is rather weak!
tried enfuseGUI and gives a better result with its default options.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu May 17, 2012 11:33 am

Hi, to be honest I only use the stitching feature in apg now.. I found the HDR and LDR option far to hit hand miss to use.. and I did not like the results. Although some users still like it so it comes down to a personal choice. Georg as far I as I know, introduced EnfuseGUI to this forum last year.. I have found it can do things that Photomatix cannot so its always a good app to have on your computer. However, I still prefer to use Photomatix.. I like the results.. I then process my panos in apg after putting the data information in. In my opinion apg needs to have a save HDR or HDR user settings feature..

Destiny...