Extra features needed ...  

If you have question about Neutralhazer plugin for Photoshop, this is the right place.
no avatar
gerpho

Extra features needed ...

by gerpho » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi,

This is realy a great toool, the principle is really nice.

However, there are a few missing features, which tend to make it a bit difficult to master :

- the distant background tends to be blueish. This is normal, as long as it stays hazy. But once the haze is removed, this blue shift becomes a problem. A color correction that would be applied within neutralhazer would be a great help (smilar to the color shift of lightroom's graduated filter).
- in the same way, increasing the contrast of the background tends to increase noise at the same time. Here again, noise reduction "proportionnal" to the neutrahazer mask would be welcome
- actually, the "save mask" option does exist, but it is very akward to use : it replaces the original file ! It would be great if the "save mask" could create a new layer, even better an alpha layer... maybe the best way to do is to duplicate the background layer, apply neutralhazer to both, once "normal" and once as "save mask" ; I'm not sure it works ? And if you use custom settings, you have to do them twice (and hope they're identical), since the software can't "remember" your previous settings.
- the window is too small, so that you don't really control what's going on until the filter has actually been applied. And then it often turns out that there are many completely black regions, and the overal picture is much darker than the original... A histogram would certainly help a lot

Because of this, even though this plugin does a really good job, it remains a bit tedious to use, because of all the things that must be done after.
Hope this will be solved quickly, as it is, I can only use it on some pictures that are worth spending the required time .

Philippe

[bo]

by [bo] » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:25 pm

I second the small window - a full screen window is a must (or at least a resizeable one!). A histogram too, and maybe a point eyedropper, to measure the levels at certain spots.

And Lightroom integration too!
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

no avatar
mcapellari

by mcapellari » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:07 pm

'[bo wrote:']And Lightroom integration too!

+1 for me!

yffic

by yffic » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 am

mcapellari wrote:
'[bo wrote:']And Lightroom integration too!

+1 for me!

For me also... lightroom integration will mais Neutralhazer a must buy..

Return to Using Neutralhazer