New to photo editing and stiching, Willing to pay to have a photo done  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Marine03

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

New to photo editing and stiching, Willing to pay to have a photo done

by Marine03 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:40 pm

UPDATE: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v139/PhantomTEG/Panorama/

I know its really sad that I'm not very good yet. I took a picture on vacation with about 44 images, not sure if they are all truely needed, it was done hand held and there was some wind so I have about 5 palm trees that done line up and 2 small spots on the horizon and no mater the manual control points etc I just dont know enough to fix it. I tried in a trial version of CS6 with a little sucess but I'm a rookie there.

What it come down to is I want to get this put together and mounted on canvas on my wall but will be having people come to visit from out of town and my wife wants its on the wall ASAP. If anyoen is willing to take it on and has a pay pal acount I am willing to pay.
Last edited by Marine03 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:20 pm

hi.. why don't you download a trial version of apg to see how it goes and if that doesn't work, try PTGui.... Photoshop is ok for small perfect images captured using a tripod but no good for hand held stitching, especially 40+ images... Interesting.. I did not know CS6 was in beta.. Great app but cost too much to keep updating..

Destiny...

UK Pano

Info

by UK Pano » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:31 am

I'm sure that people on the forum would also give it a try for free for you to try out their skills with the application!
Canon 400D / Canon 24-105mm L / Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE / Sigma 10-20mm / Sigma 70-300mm / NN3 & R1 / PS CS2 / LR3 / Enfuse

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Put the photos on Flickt , Photobucket or similar and post a link here - I'll have a try for free.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.

no avatar
Marine03

Topic author
Info

by Marine03 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Last edited by Marine03 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:17 am

Seemed to be only 40 photos - one was missing and one was a copy.
Stitched as spherical - Image

Last edited by a a gruntpuddock on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:37 am

Removed unneccessary photos, tweaked the colour settings and restitched in cylinder mode -

Edited to add in a shot I missed!
Last edited by a a gruntpuddock on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:52 am

.. and then chuck in into Photoshop or LightRoom and you have the making of a really nice wide photo.. Well done on the stitching and good on you for doing it...

Destiny...

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:39 am

Out of interest, I downoaded this free program from Serif - http://www.serif.com/free-panoramic-photo-stiching-software/

I loaded all the photos (40) into it and this is the result -

The full version (download) is only £14.99 (even cheaper if you register the free download) so it might be a good program for someone who just wants to shoot an occassional pano and doesn't need the power and sophistication of Autopano - http://www.serif.com/panoramaplus/.

Update- Tried the full version of Serif PanoPlus - good at assembling the pano, but limited adjustment options and major problems in trying to render at full size.

Keeps saying it cannot render and to reduce the dimensions. In this case recomended width was about 17,000 pixels but it would only work at 8,000.

Run on a 4-processor computer with WIN 7 & 4gb ram.

Think I will stick to Autopano in future.
Last edited by a a gruntpuddock on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Marine03

Topic author
Info

by Marine03 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 am

a a gruntpuddock wrote:Removed unneccessary photos, tweaked the colour settings and restitched in cylinder mode -

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p616/AAGruntpuddock/Group1-IMG_3683_IMG_3720-20images_0000.jpg

Edited to add in a shot I missed!

Wow I'm so new to the software I havnt even figured out the differeneces between cylinder mode and the others.

Looks amazing, Just need to throw it in photoshop and use some dodge burn where the shadows are making the rocks in the foreground darker.

Also is there a way I could have you email that to me so I could get a High Res version, my goal is to do a 40x16 or something like that on my wall.

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 am

I had problems because the downloaded files were stretched horizontally so the panos ended up really wide and distorted.

Strangely enough, they look ok when posted here, although they are also distorted on photobucket!

I would recommend that you download the free Serif program and try that with the original files - seems to have done a good job although you have no control over the output.

If you want to reduce the number of photos used you could look at the Autopano screenshot to see which ones can be omitted (keep the spacing the same as on the left side).

If that does not work for any reason you will have to e-mail me the original files.
Last edited by a a gruntpuddock on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm

UPDATE - Tried the full version of Serif PanoPlus - very good at assembling the pano, but limited adjustment options and major problems in trying to render at full size.

Keeps saying it cannot render and to reduce the dimensions. In this case recommended width was about 17,000 pixels but it would only work at 8,000.

Run on a 4-processor computer with WIN 7 & 4gb ram.

Think I will stick to Autopano in future.

Update - I suggest anyone who is thinking of getting this program reads this thread first - http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?s=7395fde9766500594f8d6e8982b0ce22&t=71912
Last edited by a a gruntpuddock on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.