[ptp 1.7.2] HTML Link - iPad/iPhone issue  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
the707

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

[ptp 1.7.2] HTML Link - iPad/iPhone issue

by the707 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:36 am

Hello,

I have an issue that I believe may be a bug. When I use the Link -> HTML option to create a hotspot with a textfield, it works as expected on a computer but the entire pano will not load when viewed on a mobile device.

- Example -

On Computer:
Go to - http://monsoon360.com/tours/ambiance/virtualtour.html and click on pano "R4_Shot1_finished" . The result is what you would expect, the pano loads normally.

On iPad or iPhone:
Go to - http://monsoon360.com/tours/ambiance/virtualtour.html and click on pano "R4_Shot1_finished" . The result is nothing, the pano "R4_Shot1_finished" will not load.

I have narrowed the problem down to the HTML (textfield) hotspot. In any case where the Pano contains an HTML textfield, the pano will not load on iPhone/iPad. If no HTML textfield exists then the pano will load normally on an iPhone/iPad.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Patrick

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:15 am

Hello,

Could you edit the file virtualtour.xml and modify the following line :
Code: Select all
<krpano version="1.0.8.14" logkey="false">

into
<krpano version="1.0.8.14" logkey="false" onstart="showlog()">

?

Then try your tour on Safari browser, after selecting the "iPad" agent in the "Development/User agent" menu.

Logs will be displayed at the bottom of the tour.
Could you then tell me what are those logs when you try to load the second panorama ?

Gérald

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 am

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Here is what is in the logs after following your instructions:

INFO: krpano JS 1.0.8.14 (build 2012-01-25)
INFO: Desktop/MacIntel - iOS:4.3.3 Safari:5.0.2
INFO: registered to: the707@mac.com

This is of course after clicking on a link to another tour as you instructed. From there the tour continues to rotate but is not functional in that nothing can be clicked on.

Looking forward to your assistance with this.

Thank you,

Patrick

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:10 am

Thought it was interesting, when performing the same check via Safari 5.1 for Mac I got the following in addition to what I posted above:
WARNING: unknown action: closepanoobjects

Not sure if that is some how related but thought it was worth mentioning.

Patrick

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello,

Just want to check back in on this issue. I have not heard anything yet and the tour is now complete. The tour was sold as iPhone/iPad compatible so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:42 am

Hello,

Just remove the first line of your HTML files, and the tour won't be blocked anymore :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

But as "HTML hotspots" use the "TextField.swf" flash plugin which does not work on iPad, the result you will get may not be what you expected.

Gérald

no avatar
the707

Topic author
Info

by the707 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:42 am

Worked perfectly! Thank you very much for that.

I also saw that another update was released today. Just want to say thanks for that as well. I am happy to know that we have invested in a product and company that is interested in improving regularly.

Sincerely,

Patrick

no avatar
360panamaluck

Info

by 360panamaluck » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 am

hi Patrick, congratulations I like your virtual tours of Monsoon360, Do this tour really work in ipad and iphone can you explain to me how to build it in panotour, i just bought Panotour 2 month ago, i am new in this 360 spherical panoramas, You can visit my page http://www.360panamaluck.com/

i need to learn how to build and publish my panoramas for IPAD and Iphone using Panotour pro, can you please teach me, my native language is Spanish but I do speak and understand english.

I also like the nadir mirror effect in the floor can you teach me how to do it.

thanks very much Wellington Luck Panama city, Panama