drop of flash support...  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
gkaefer

Topic author
Liked in: 15 posts
Info

drop of flash support...

by gkaefer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:39 pm

adobe does drop the flash support on android platform.
google maps drops support of flash.

... why not in conclusion let drop flash completley on panotour in middle future and meanwhile doing more efforts to raise compatibility and adding more not yet available functions of html5 version?

Georg

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Basically because HTML5 is not yet finalised and lot of features avalaible in Flash are not yet "translatable" in HTML5 !

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

gkaefer

Topic author
Info

by gkaefer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:18 pm

vincen wrote:Basically because HTML5 is not yet finalised and lot of features avalaible in Flash are not yet "translatable" in HTML5 !

Vincèn

Vincen, this is clear to me and read my line "middle future"...
the question is still valid: it seems that flash support is dropping, so why not increasing now the efforts to catch up with features to be html5 ready...
... and not waiting until html5 has been finalized whenever in future...

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:49 am

I agree with George here. We have to have Panotour be the tool that can serve all important platforms without us having to do complicated tricks or the visitor having to download anything.
Customers are aksing form this , they want pc,mac and iPad compatibility but ask about Android too lately.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

I really hate the advertisement on TV with the Galaxy pad.. claiming to have Flash but.. for how long...

I really need to start to get my head around html5.. and the learning never stops... oh man.... over it..

Destiny..

mkintner

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by mkintner » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:10 am

Think about what's happening. Flash is on its way out, we all know this. Why do you think Google dropped it and started making the change. Its not like we weren't warned about this change. Why do you think Apple said they want nothing to do with it. Its security for multiple reasons. Its so easy to do damage to ones computer with flash and you would never know it.

Also look at whats Kolor's compition is doing such as EasyPano and Google Maps. They solved the issue with Google Maps and are now using JavaScript API V3. There version 8 solved this two days ago and its now released still using google maps. Why can't Kolor adapt and do the same?

We all knew in advance that Flash is on its way out, so we need to take the steps and jump into HTML5 and javascript solutions. It doesn't mean dropping big name mapping companies like Google Maps and going with a noname open source. It won't work, and I'm afraid Kolor you will loose customers because of this which is a bummer.

I really hope Kolor reconsiders using Google Maps or at least giving the option of using both. Kolor's VR Tour package is awesome compared to the others which I have tried them all. As for HTML5, bring it on... (SMile)

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 am

Ok,,, lets drop Flash now, then what.. ?? You cannot just jump into html5, its not ready and by all accounts it will not be ready for quite some time.., perhaps 2+ years.. Its no where near ready to replace Flash and when it does happen it will cause many issues with the java eliminate of it..

HTML5 is really still in the concept mode.... No software is fully ready because its still in concept mode, just a bit of basic templating in Dreamweaver and not much else.. Some other software apps have developed some features but its just basic stuff...

Destiny...

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 am

mkintner wrote:Also look at whats Kolor's compition is doing such as EasyPano and Google Maps. They solved the issue with Google Maps and are now using JavaScript API V3. There version 8 solved this two days ago and its now released still using google maps.

Where did you read that?

Tourweaver is still in V7 as far as I can see and the Easypano forum has an active thread on Google Maps Flash API issue:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=6656&PagePosition=1
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

mkintner

Info

by mkintner » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:43 pm

A friend of mine who owns the product said it has been resolved and using the change plus in his latest download version they also discuss it with tech notes that it has been resolved in Panoweaver 8 on Feb 23, 2012. Details below from there web site.

Easypano Panoweaver 8 is released officially, Feb 23, 2012
Builder: 8.00.120222 Download
[-]Address the displaying problem of Google map JavaScript API upgrading.
[-]Address the publish problem of SWF panorama.
[-]Address the centering problem of popup image in HTML 5 tour.
[-]Address the panorama saving problem in Japanese version.
[-]Address the crashing problem of stitching 16 bit panoramic image after rotating the source images.
[*]Google map is supported in SWF panorama.
[*]Optimize the hotspot editing window.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:07 pm

At the moment html 5 is just in its infancy stage, mostly used as a platform.. There is no advanced structure as yet.... Some say it will be at least 5 years before it gets to the stage of replacing Flash... if it ever does... It can never close off Flash altogether since there is just too much web content that would be effected... and customers of Adobe would probably rebel since they have paid out a lot of money for their software.... Basically, swf will be around for many years to come.. If Flash is ever replaced, Adobe will slowly phase out the player support..

Destiny..

gkaefer

Topic author
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:22 pm

mkintner wrote:A friend of mine who owns the product said it has been resolved and using the change plus in his latest download version they also discuss it with tech notes that it has been resolved in Panoweaver 8 on Feb 23, 2012. Details below from there web site.

Easypano Panoweaver 8 is released officially, Feb 23, 2012
Builder: 8.00.120222 Download
[-]Address the displaying problem of Google map JavaScript API upgrading.
[-]Address the publish problem of SWF panorama.
[-]Address the centering problem of popup image in HTML 5 tour.
[-]Address the panorama saving problem in Japanese version.
[-]Address the crashing problem of stitching 16 bit panoramic image after rotating the source images.
[*]Google map is supported in SWF panorama.
[*]Optimize the hotspot editing window.

hmm. looking at the easypano demo pages seaching for google maps demo I found this:
http://www.easypano.com/gallery/panoweaver/201112021735/_flash_html5/start.htm

well to be honest... this has google maps ... and what? no radar...
... you know: my (= is use it) wordpress plugin "Comprehensive Google Map plugin" ( source: http://initbinder.com/comprehensive-google-map-plugin ) does also not request me to enter any API code and it works quit well....

so basic question: is it needed at all to have access to an API? why not creating a plugin that can display the goolge maps or any other map provider
and than "just" put a layer above with whichever function, radar etc.... like above mentioned wordpress plugin: it hs 250 custom marker icons you can place on the map and you also can enable Panoramio photos features...

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm

mkintner wrote:A friend of mine who owns the product said it has been resolved and using the change plus in his latest download version they also discuss it with tech notes that it has been resolved in Panoweaver 8 on Feb 23, 2012. Details below from there web site.

Easypano Panoweaver 8 is released officially, Feb 23, 2012 .

Unless I'm mistaken Panoweaver is predominantly a stitching program and not a tour authoring program - can it output more than one stitched panoramic image as Flash VR?

Easypano's tour authorng program is named Tourweaver and I don't think that program has yet any fix for the Google Maps Flash API issue?
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
the707

Info

by the707 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:01 am

I am not going to weigh in on HTML5 etc., but I do have to agree with the sentiment of the original post here. Perhaps if not HTML5 more JS vs Flash - for the short term?

While it is possible to get an iPad/iPhone tour to look very close to a Flash tour from PTP, it would be nice to not have to do work arounds to get it to work properly on non-flash devices. Example: Video hotspots and HTML hot spots.

My two cents :)
Last edited by the707 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.