Great Australian Bight  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Great Australian Bight

by irpano » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:40 am

Hi all. Not sure if I should post here as a exercise in APG or in the Panotour section as Its primarily a presentation of pano using panotour to carry then on screen.
Still coming to grips with flash and how it is posted on the net and could use so help.
Anyway this is my first trial with some handheld pano captured in 2010.

Any help appreciated.
http://panopresent.jalbum.net/Australian%20Bight

P.S. It may take some time to load (about 30 secs)

firefire

Info

by firefire » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Web hosting 1212 wrote:How do you select the right plan for web hosting? How do you make sure that budget website hosting is going to serve you well? Budget web hosting plans are available for nearly every kind of website. Even if you have more than one domain you can sometimes get add on domain rights and use a budget plan in order to get good web hosting.

I feel my SPAM song coming on again.......................................

firefire

Info

by firefire » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:04 pm

irpano wrote:Hi all. Not sure if I should post here as a exercise in APG or in the Panotour section as Its primarily a presentation of pano using panotour to carry then on screen.
Still coming to grips with flash and how it is posted on the net and could use so help.

Any help appreciated.

Hi,

I had real trouble getting it to load...finally got to the front screen then nothing....are you embedding all your files? If you are try it without embedding.....it takes far too long to load.....you have to think that most potential customers will get fed up after 10 secs if they don't see anything at all.

Hope that helps!

Neil.

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:12 am

FIREFLY, ank for a reply. AsI said I and new to this form for presenting a group of pano. I am finding it hard to even get an understanding of the size of each individual pano I should use. =
Heres what i have. Original Panos downsized to 2560 pixels wide at 100dpi. (Right size for web ?????) = 5.82MG saved as Png
10 photos placed into panotour with hotspot links to and from each image. eg image 1 goes to image 2 and image2 can go back to inage 1
Set the setting for each to Size = 2560
Projection = Flat
View = zoom to image resolution
Build = navigation + embed all data
I build the tour and get 1 .swf file that I load onto the server.
The size of this swf file is about 10 + mb
How can I get it to load faster than the 30-40 seconds and what am I doing wrong.
Thanks again

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 am

irpano wrote:Hi all. Not sure if I should post here as a exercise in APG or in the Panotour section as Its primarily a presentation of pano using panotour to carry then on screen.

Any help appreciated.

Hi!

Honestly: this is unusable. I don´t understand what the site wants me to do. Can only guess and fumble around - unattractive, sorry.
It opens as a black screen with two buttons . . remindes me of C64 look - do you really believe people stay on it longer for exploring?
No. They don´t - because nothing attractive happens.

I didn´t see a single picture or pano besides off the colored canvas. No matter where i click: nothing happens.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

firefire

Info

by firefire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 am

irpano wrote:FIREFLY, ank for a reply. AsI said I and new to this form for presenting a group of pano. I am finding it hard to even get an understanding of the size of each individual pano I should use. =
Heres what i have. Original Panos downsized to 2560 pixels wide at 100dpi. (Right size for web ?????) = 5.82MG saved as Png
10 photos placed into panotour with hotspot links to and from each image. eg image 1 goes to image 2 and image2 can go back to inage 1
Set the setting for each to Size = 2560
Projection = Flat
View = zoom to image resolution
Build = navigation + embed all data
I build the tour and get 1 .swf file that I load onto the server.
The size of this swf file is about 10 + mb
How can I get it to load faster than the 30-40 seconds and what am I doing wrong.
Thanks again

You must be embedding the files....DO NOT EMBED DATA!! ....just one of my panos is generally around 60mb before it goes into Panotour. With some people having even larger files. You don't need to downsize to PNG......just load as a jpeg after stitching.

Try again...as I said don't embed the data...it should load alot faster.

Neil.

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Neil, I have tried NOT EMBEDING the data but have trouble in getting the set of images to load from the host site. I am waiting for a reply from the to tell me what is the correct method of loading the flash file onto their site. At least I now know that I should not embed data. Thanks for that. Will keep trying.

Klaus, Thank you also for your reply. As I said in my original post "Any HELP is appreciated". As to making the file load faster , If I have 10 x 40mb files that I want to show in a flash file where each image has a hotspot link the the next, I estimate that the total flash file would be 400+ mb. So as Neil has suggested I save them as jpg with a compression of say 6 (George Kaeffer suggestion) I still have a large file (For web purposes) to load at startup. HOW CAN THIS BE MADE TO LOAD FASTER. (I understand about not embedding files but each individual image is about 10mB).
I am waiting for a reply from jalbum in regard to the suitability of using their site to host the flash file, but they have not got back to me as yet. I was hoping to link directly to the flash file and have it load directly. Maybe I cant do this on that site. Sorry for being such a novice at this but there does not seem to be much material around for learning the software.
John

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:23 pm

irpano wrote:Neil, I have tried NOT EMBEDING the data but have trouble in getting the set of images to load from the host site. I am waiting for a reply from the to tell me what is the correct method of loading the flash file onto their site. At least I now know that I should not embed data. Thanks for that. Will keep trying.

Klaus, Thank you also for your reply. As I said in my original post "Any HELP is appreciated". As to making the file load faster , If I have 10 x 40mb files that I want to show in a flash file where each image has a hotspot link the the next, I estimate that the total flash file would be 400+ mb. So as Neil has suggested I save them as jpg with a compression of say 6 (George Kaeffer suggestion) I still have a large file (For web purposes) to load at startup. HOW CAN THIS BE MADE TO LOAD FASTER. (I understand about not embedding files but each individual image is about 10mB).
I am waiting for a reply from jalbum in regard to the suitability of using their site to host the flash file, but they have not got back to me as yet. I was hoping to link directly to the flash file and have it load directly. Maybe I cant do this on that site. Sorry for being such a novice at this but there does not seem to be much material around for learning the software.
John

John - this one has 4 nodes and is about 700MB on the server: http://360impressions.de/KBogen/

See how fast it loads though 3 of the panos have 700mpx each and one has 4gpx.

I guess the way you try to go is wrong!

Why didn´t you use PTP? It´s ideal for presenting big panos because of multires!

You also might try this kind: http://gigapan.org/gigapans/97639

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 am

Thanks for the continuing interest and help. I looked at PTP and it seems that the only thing extra in it (For my limited use) is the hires capabilities. I tried it with the 4 sample images i have but it didnt seen to be any better.
ONE LAST try and I appologise for being DUMB.
I found this flas file server and uploaded an embeded file. On my machine it loads almost instantly. (Small images) If you can forget all other links in past files and try this you will see what I want to do, and advise as to how to - Load the unembeded set of files. I keep getting error messages.
Please give this a try, and if still rubbish I can go and cut my throat. (Kidding"
John
http://web28.streamhoster.com/panopresent/virtualtour.swf