Spherical Projection on Panorama  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Spherical Projection on Panorama

by alosurdo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 am

Hi, i have taken a 16 shot Panorama. It is not 360 degrees only about 270. I have set it up as a Spherical projection as this is how i want it to be displayed (not just a flat image scrolling across). What i would like is that once it autoscrolls to the end of the image for it (eg left to right) i want it to come back the other way (right to left).

I am using the demo version at the moment and am looking to purchase the full version though this functionallity is something i need it to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:19 am

Hi.. Andrew...

Yes sure you can... ;)

At the moment you have a full 360, so what you have do is tell it that its less than that, as a consequence it will return back on itself..

You just have to reduce the Horizontal to 359.. That should fix it for you..

Now you can buy it.. :lol: - 10% commission to me..

Destiny.. The Kolor sales girl..:cool:

Last edited by Destiny on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:39 am

Thanks a lot Desitny your a legend that works!

I should most probably start another post for this, i use a wide angle zoom lens but am looking at getting a fisheye. I am wondering if you could let me know if you think a Circular or Diagonal fisheyey (on a full frame) would be the best bet?

Obviously with the circular you get the dark corners and im assuming you need to crop all this out??? Im simply stitching in Photoshop so not sure what the options are.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers

Andrew

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 am

Hi.. No problems.. :cool:

Oh.. Photoshop..:rolleyes: I really suggest you invest in buying apg.. Photoshop is no good at all. Too many factors make it a bad choice.. Besides, if you buy it, I get 10% :lol::lol: I wish..!!

Seriously, buy apg.. You will thank me later.. There are heaps of experts here... and some that dream to be .. who will provide you will heaps of help as well as a great kolor support team to get you up and running... :D

As for a fish eye lens.. It really does depend on your Camera. .. I only have a Nikon DX so the best lens for me is the 10.5 ... Its a really nice lens.. But, if on the other hand you have a say, Nickon fx full frame camera, then the 16mm will be the way to go... There are many other great fish eye lens.. you really need to find the best lens for YOUR camera.. Match the lens to the camera for best results.. What full frame camera do you have..??

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:08 am

Thanks for your help Destiny, i have a Canon 5d Mkii so its a full frame.

I just wasnt sure if a circular 8mm fish eye was the way to go or a diagonal 15mm which has the image on the full frame.

Ill check out APG, im guessing it can stitch together the top and bottom shots and attact them to the pano automatically?

Cheers

Andrew

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:26 am

Hi Andrew.. Well your camera is fine.. I like Nikon but your Canon d5MkII is a nice camera.. If you are rich then the Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Fisheye Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens might be the way to go but to be honest I wouldn't buy that, its too expensive, its a circular fisheye... I have never used a circular fisheye but I have heard that they are very good but only when used with a full frame. I would love to give this lens a try out.. My fish eye lens is diagonal which I like, but until I have used and tested a full frame circular fish eye I am not really the person to ask.. When I get rich I can buy a Nikon fx camera.. My advice before buying a lens is to go to your local camera house and ask to take a few images with it... or borrow one.. Its a lot of money to lay out so buying it just by reading about it might not be the way to go... Saying that.. I did exactly that.. but I am happy with my D90 and 10.5.. I was guided by my budget.. ;) Oh.. and I suggest you look at the Sigma fisheyes.. Sigma have great lenses...

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks a lot for your advice Destiny.

One more question (for now :) ) . When i set the pano up for auto rotation, the pano rotates and the speed starts off slow and then builds up. Once it gets to the other end and comes back on its self it starts of slow again and also builds up speed.

Is there away to set a speed which is constant all the way through and it doesnt start of slow and build up, instead just rotate through the pano at a constant speed?

Thanks

Andrew

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:30 am

Hi Andrew.. Well.. I really do not think so.. You can set it to '0' delay, so there is no wait time but I have the same issue... Perhaps there is something in the code I can change.. Perhaps its designed this way for effect... I will look into it for you.. There might be a buffer time delay as a transitional thing.. I will get back to you...

Destiny...

alosurdo wrote:Thanks a lot for your advice Destiny.

One more question (for now :) ) . When i set the pano up for auto rotation, the pano rotates and the speed starts off slow and then builds up. Once it gets to the other end and comes back on its self it starts of slow again and also builds up speed.

Is there away to set a speed which is constant all the way through and it doesnt start of slow and build up, instead just rotate through the pano at a constant speed?

Thanks

Andrew

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 am

Hi Andrew.. Sorry, unless Kolor tech'o have a fix I would say as far as I can tell, no!... It might be a bit of Graphic Drag.. Perhaps a Newton's Law thing.. ;)
There might well be a bit of extra code that could be added to reduce the Graphic Drag, I do not know....

<!-- Raise sequence stopper and wait sequence time to break the delayed calls -->
<action name="interruptAnimation">
ifnot (stopSequence === undefined,
set(stopSequence, true);
wait(0);
);
</action>

Destiny...

no avatar
alosurdo

Topic author
Info

by alosurdo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks Destiny for looking in to it, as always i appreciate your help.

Im looking at the Autopano giga software, at the moment cant say im to impressed. a simple 13 image stitch it is having quite a few problems with, where as i use the same images in photoshop and presto, its perfect. Might be something im missing but ill keep looking :)

Thanks again!