Welcome to Mikkeli!  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Welcome to Mikkeli!

by Nelike Imagery » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:54 am

We welcome you to virtual walk in the city of Mikkeli, Finland. The service covers the city center's area, sight-seeings and local stores. Tour will be expanded to other locations like museums and more stores. The shops have possibility to add special offers in panoramas so it's worth to keep an eye on them! :)

Visit Mikkeli here:

Key features of the tour are:

[uli]37 High quality HDR-panoramas from the city center area[/uli]
[uli]more sight-seeing places like museums will be added shortly[/uli]
[uli]local stores, businesses and shopping centers[/uli]
[uli]specific menu where stores are listed by category[/uli]
[uli]Google map for easy navigation between places[/uli]
[uli]sharing in Facebook, Twitter and email[/uli]
[uli]support for three languages for main menus[/uli]
[uli]support for idevices and newest android devices with flash[/uli]
[uli]unique offer system for all the participants of the project to set up to three special offers in their panorama and have free hands to do so. This means every store can set offers any time they want. This benefits the stores and give more value for the visitors to see available places in the city and then go there for real because of their great offer seen only in the panorama![/uli]
[uli]each store has possibility to get customized special effects in their tour. Example videos, introduction texts, pictures and many more.[/uli]
[uli]every participant has direct link to their own store what they can use on their website. Cool thing is, you can go outside from any store have a look of the city. It's a whole big tour to where you can access from many different places on the web.[/uli]
[uli]the service is developed more all the time, giving more functions to participants and upgrade the existing ones to keep up with the time.[/uli]

This is the start of the project. More will come for sure so i will keep you guys up to date with upgrades. Hope you will enjoy the tour and come visit Mikkeli :)

Imagine Mikkeli... and visit it!

Regards,

Jesse Passoja
Nelike Imagery
www.inelike.fi
Latest panoramas: http://inelike.fi/aiheeton/latest-panoramas/
Last edited by Nelike Imagery on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:32 pm

I like the menue with the subnavigation per categories...
I like the share menu ;-)
I like the 3D modus of the google maps incl. 3D radar effect

+ the mainmenu is not showing per default in full, some part is hidden and user has to scroll down to see the menu bar...
+ the hotspot has no mouseover. in combination with the sometimes longer loading user thinks pressing button does not work (and no loading animation is used)
+ the hotel cumulus: the map is covering the "special offer" button "Erikeis-tarjeukset!" this link is broken.
+ the map is very small, I think I wanna see a map to get anoverview, but zooming into it until you can read something and the overview is lost because the map is so less wide...
+ as tourist looking at this huge amount of panos in your tour I miss some sort of guided tour... a button which brings you to the next tour (so user does not need to select/make a choice) so tourist tour, shopping tour etc could be realized...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:27 pm

gkaefer wrote:I like the menue with the subnavigation per categories...

+ the mainmenu is not showing per default in full, some part is hidden and user has to scroll down to see the menu bar...
+ the hotspot has no mouseover. in combination with the sometimes longer loading user thinks pressing button does not work (and no loading animation is used)
+ the hotel cumulus: the map is covering the "special offer" button "Erikeis-tarjeukset!" this link is broken.
+ the map is very small, I think I wanna see a map to get anoverview, but zooming into it until you can read something and the overview is lost because the map is so less wide...
+ as tourist looking at this huge amount of panos in your tour I miss some sort of guided tour... a button which brings you to the next tour (so user does not need to select/make a choice) so tourist tour, shopping tour etc could be realized...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Hey Georg!

Thank you for the feedback! Really appreciate it.

- The mainmenu not showing per default in full, what you mean by this? Hidden menu bar O.o Should have no such thing.
- Hotspots mouseover i had, scaling bigger but most people didnt like it so i took it off.
- That's weird. The link works fine here. It opens in iframe over the tour. Give it a couple of seconds.
- You can expand the map bigger from the button next to closing it :)
- That's a nice idea. In the menu under every category i could create a button which start automatic tour from panoramas in that category. I will see what i can do :)

Regards,

Jesse Passoja

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Nelike Imagery wrote:
gkaefer wrote:I like the menue with the subnavigation per categories...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Hey Georg!

Thank you for the feedback! Really appreciate it.

- The mainmenu not showing per default in full, what you mean by this? Hidden menu bar O.o Should have no such thing.
- Hotspots mouseover i had, scaling bigger but most people didnt like it so i took it off.
- That's weird. The link works fine here. It opens in iframe over the tour. Give it a couple of seconds.
- You can expand the map bigger from the button next to closing it :)
- That's a nice idea. In the menu under every category i could create a button which start automatic tour from panoramas in that category. I will see what i can do :)

Regards,

Jesse Passoja

- in my screenshot you can see now the menu to 100%. In my first try today I saw only the top 50% of th menu bar I had to sroll down to see the complete menu.
now 'I canot reproduce it, it works perfect...
- mouseover off... ok also perfect then personal I would like to have some feedback that my mousklick on the button is doing something .... so a loading symbo until next tour is shown on screen...
- map: uups did see the close and the 2d/3d the resize I did not see ;-) man - users...

my screenshot: ok while waiting 2-3 seconds the "missing image' symbol is shown and than the final image is shown on screen...
(I used IE9)
Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 am

gkaefer wrote:- in my screenshot you can see now the menu to 100%. In my first try today I saw only the top 50% of th menu bar I had to sroll down to see the complete menu.
now 'I canot reproduce it, it works perfect...
- mouseover off... ok also perfect then personal I would like to have some feedback that my mousklick on the button is doing something .... so a loading symbo until next tour is shown on screen...
- map: uups did see the close and the 2d/3d the resize I did not see ;-) man - users...

my screenshot: ok while waiting 2-3 seconds the "missing image' symbol is shown and than the final image is shown on screen...
(I used IE9)
Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

That navigation must have been some loading error or something. Never occured to me during the work.
For mouseover, i might make some onclick effect. Like top of the arrow change color so it reflects your click.
I need to find out why there is no loading animation for iframe. There should be but so far i haven't found out why. That is under investigation.

Regards,

Jesse