Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:22 am 

HINT: The download file contains also the BASIC-60 theme - the original BASIC theme resized to 60%.
Both themes (BASIC and 2DPURE and so also the resized versions) are using the same xml files...

Download: http://www.gigapixel.at/wp-content/uploads/Template-2DPURE-60-and-BASIC-60.zip

I included all 30 navigation bar - templates of the original 2D and Basic themes.
The icons of my theme variations are around 40% smaller than the original... helpscreens, hotspots are unchanged in size.
the color of the buttons and navbars is also changeable from inside panotour
the gap between the icons is reduced from 40 to 35 pixels, the icons are 39x39 pixel (original icons have 65x65 pixel)

Installation:
1. download the zip archive
2. the archive contains all files in folders/subfolders according to the original folder structure. So put the xml files and the images just to the same existing folders of your panotour installation. The subfolder (...\Templates\themes\graphics\2DPURE-60\ and ...\Templates\themes\graphics\BASIC-60\) - which contains the images of my themes - does not exist yet on your installation, so this folder must be copied. You can get to your template directory from panotour option edit->open template directory
3. restart panotour

Usage:
1. select the theme "2D - 60%" or "Basic theme - 60%" from the pulldown menu
2. by selecting this theme the navigation bar templates change to my adopted ones. The name syntax is equal to original, I only added "(60%)" to the name. Select a control bar template
3. Generate your tour as normal

I tested it with panotour pro 1.7.0 beta 4.

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:46 am 

Awesome job Georg.

Is there any possibility you can add the gyroscope on/off button as well? I have tried adding one, (NAV+FS+S+R+H+G) but it somehow disables the little planet introduction.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:14 am 

wing_nut wrote:
Awesome job Georg.

Is there any possibility you can add the gyroscope on/off button as well? I have tried adding one, (NAV+FS+S+R+H+G) but it somehow disables the little planet introduction.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

a good and a bad news for you:

the bad first: to your question: no - the above theme was only a resize of the original panotour provided themes.

the good one: I hope I can finish end of jan. my new theme containing menubar with 5 via xml variable cconfigurable graphic elements, multilingual helpscreen, 2 configurable (enable/disable, text and style via xml file configurable), customizerd color set in panotour will be used by the theme. Music volume bar +- and volume slider, volume menu can be minimized, main menu can be minimized and the minimized menu gets opac. the multilingual helpscreens (en,fr,de,at included at can be used as placeholder for other languages) contain (if intro is enabled) and replay button. the helpscreens can be rsized automatically if you change to fullscreen (the replay button get correctly placed).

currently I'm working on a slideshow feature: slideshow loop can be defined and an additional endless loop can be activated. each mousbutton interrupts slideshow of the panos. an stop/start slideshow button than appears. onidle (time can be dnfigured) and the slideshow automatically restarts. if thubnails stack feature in panotour is enabled and you did use caption names in panotour, than these are "reused" in the slideshow to display the name of the pano.

so...: why not including a gyroscope button ?
but which icon using for that?
... looking to krpano:

Code:
<plugin name="gyro"
        url="gyro.js"
        keep="true"
        enabled="true"
        camroll="true"
        friction="0.5"
        velastic="0.2"
        />

so I assume it should automatically be checked if device is gyro capable (available attribute is read-only existing so easy...)
and if available gyro should be disabled per default. and if clicking on gyro button it should be enabled?

one "backdraw" - my theme will be donationware, onetime donation/fee of 10€ for unlimited personal project and 20€ for unlimited commercial projects.

Liebe
GrüàŸe,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:45 am 

That sounds really promising. I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress. :)

Anything close to Terry Montague's Scottsdale Project navigation that will open on all platforms would be really exciting.

I personally do not mind paying a fee, one-time or otherwise - if it will make my workflow a bit more efficient.

Best of luck with this.

Last edited by wing_nut on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 am 

wing_nut wrote:
That sounds really promising. I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress. :)

Anything close to Terry Montague's Scottsdale Project navigation that will open on all platforms would be really exciting.

I personally do not mind paying a fee, one-time or otherwise - if it will make my workflow a bit more efficient.

Best of luck with this.

it will be (much) simpler compared to your above example. I only use krpano xml code which gets loaded by panotour to generate the final code.
So "my" code will be paced by paotour inside the <menu> block of the final tour file. This brings also some limitations.
And I do not use javascript of other languages to create such a full feature rich navigation.

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:31 am 

gkaefer wrote:
the good one: I hope I can finish end of jan. my new theme containing menubar with 5 via xml variable cconfigurable graphic elements, multilingual helpscreen, 2 configurable (enable/disable, text and style via xml file configurable), customizerd color set in panotour will be used by the theme. Music volume bar +- and volume slider, volume menu can be minimized, main menu can be minimized and the minimized menu gets opac. the multilingual helpscreens (en,fr,de,at included at can be used as placeholder for other languages) contain (if intro is enabled) and replay button. the helpscreens can be rsized automatically if you change to fullscreen (the replay button get correctly placed).

Hi,
I am new to the forum and I just bumped into this thread..I'd like to see yourt new theme...Have you finished it?

Burak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:06 pm 

burake wrote:
gkaefer wrote:

Hi,
I am new to the forum and I just bumped into this thread..I'd like to see yourt new theme...Have you finished it?

Burak

yes ... until a certain step.
no ... not finished enough to go public.
also its clear that with new panotour 2.x all work is useless, some features are now onboard panotour, some solutions are so specialized to the panotour version that I've to rewrite most of the code. and most limiting was that all xml code of my template cant use krpano function to split the xml files, so I had finally a several thousand lines long xml file which got very unhandy to code with ;-). If panotour 2.0 is out - I'll take a next chance and adopt my theme to this version.

in following posting I've two versions of my template online, the first with intro the second with an autotour and enabled debug window. both versions with resizable menubar, with volumebar, with multilingual help etc.

http://www.kolor.com/forum/p101836-2012-07-12-11-31-44#p101836
http://www.kolor.com/forum/p101839-2012-07-12-12-01-58#p101839

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.