Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: hotspot: red pulse
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:03 am 

in the zip file I attached an animated gif, the swf and the .web project file I created the swf with. Its MAGIX Extreme Webdesigner 5, for autopano tour only the swf is needed...)

its free to use for anyone (without any sort of guarantee...)

download link: http://www.burgspiele-salzburg.at/Galerie/Panorama/ps3/spot-red-pulse.zip

PS: the speed of the animated gif & swf is 60 frames per second. The white colour is in fla flash animation transparent...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

EDITED: 2010-01-24: as Adrien suggested, I added an wiki page for the resources of this posting:
WIKI see: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/APT_resources_hotspots_gk_20100115_01

Last edited by gkaefer on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 pm 

IMPORTANT: Andrew (mediavets) informed me if the animated .gif file is used as hotspot than the animation does not work. I can confirm this. So I dont know currently if only .swf files will work for animated hotspots or if my .gif animation has some sort of anormal behavior...
I created the animated gif basically for the preview for the forum thread posting and personally only used my .swf files until now...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:43 am 

very cool, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:15 pm 

Hi Georg.. To be honest, I really do not understand the gif thing people talk about... I will tell you what I know about hotspots and graphics..

You should try not to create your graphics using the gif format.. they are a really yucky old graphic format.. You need to create hotspot and other graphics using 24bit png's.. Besides this, hot spots are not animated gifs, if you create an animated gif it will only work on a pc or mac never in an iDevice, it will default to the alt image.... they are in fact animated png's.. These will support 24 bit 16.7 million RGB range of colours and 48 bit CMYK trillions of colours plus the forth channel the alpha channel, which is the most important channel.. What you will see on your panos will then be image png's and animated png's, never gif's if you create them in the png format, .. You will only see a gif if you make a gif graphic or if the file you have used is a swf etc which are not supported by iDevices etc so the graphic defaults to seeing a basic gif, circle, which was created at the time you created your pano in your graphics folder... Its the alt image in your xml code... when the device cannot understand the graphic formate you will see that gif...

If you have Flash, you can create a nice animated hotspot graphic using shape tween or motion tween and then key frame the timeline and then put your graphic in a vertical position and save it as a png... You can then put the size of this graphic into your xml code and it will work really nicely...

D

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:52 pm 

Destiny,

look at the date stamp I published the red pulse....
.. idevices were new on the market at this time, but far away to be able to display autopano/krpano panoramas....
... autopano tour 1.0 was state of the art (and in fact the resources I published were published under the forum "autopano tour resources" and were moved now by admin...
... and even defaults coming with autopano were in gif format...

Georg

PS: and all my resources published here until today I doubt they work with Panotour... all the menues are focused on autopano tour standard menues, not panotour menues (help button etc missing) and also all the descriptions about directores etc are not corrrect for panotour...

edit: ;-) and besides all I already mentioned:

about your lession about gif and swf: look into my zip file... the animated gif is only included as preview or as alternative if someone does not want to include the swf, or has to include it because swf are not supported at all (does ipads support swf - dont think so)

Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:22 pm 

oh sorry Georg... I will look at the date next time....you were a much younger and more handsome guy back then... ;)
and now.... you are older and more wiser than me with all this pano stuff.... :)

I have sent you a gift... my animated glass arrows, you can use it on YOUR PANO's as you want... I modelled it in Rhino, rendered it in glass map and animated and exported it using 3D Studio Max then put it together in Photoshop as a png.... rapped it up and sent it to you... Set your xml for 100,100 last frame to play 49... :)

D
http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/arrowHS/arrowshotspot.html

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.