Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 pm 

When I process raw files with APG, there is no issue and my lens is recognized as standard, with the right parameters.

The point is that most of the time I convert the raw files into tif files using Nikon Capture NX2; then, my standard sigma lens is always (APP/APG, 2.5 or earlier releases) identified as a fisheye lens.

Is there a possibility, with the next release of APG, to have this minor issue corrected ?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:55 pm 
Administrator

That's complicated because the metadata that stores the information about the lens are lost during RAW -> TIFF conversion ( on quite all deraw software in fact ). In fact, the lens identification is stored as a makernote in exif metadata, and most of time makernote are cleaned when writing back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:30 pm 

Changing lens types is not too hard, but then you have to go in and set the optimization to be "strong" (or whatever) instead of fisheye. I'd like APG to change the optimization when I change the lens type. After all, APG can't stitch one pano that has images shot with both FE and rectilinear lenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm 

the problem is: you have to set non-exif parameters in the preferences - so you set the prefs and you have to close APG and start it again. Setting non-exif lensdata ONLY keeps remembered if you set "always force the following exis value".
That´s stupid - because after having imported 250 images and then you want to set a non-exif lens data you have to close the app and start it again . . and you lost all already imported images . . .

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:06 pm 

I agree with Klaus. and will point out that I don't always use 12mm as the focal length for panos, sometimes I use 24mm on that lens (not always by mistake :) ) And I have other lenses than the 12-24mm and another camera body than the 5D. So the preset for the "force" values is nice, but only works for one pano at a time, so its a "preset" that you sometimes have to change for each pano.

Also, if APG gets the pano really wrong due to a bad link, it gets the focal length really wrong and doesn't want to reset it. There's no easy way to reset the focal length of all the images at once in the CP editor (leading to the "can't close the circle" problem I occasionally get).