stitching Photos  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Acmj

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

stitching Photos

by Acmj » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Please I have a problem.When I take pictures from small room, I can not stitching photos from autopanoGiga.I use Nikon D90 with 10,5 Nikkor fish eye.The image is not strait.The picture is not quite aligned with defect.Is there some specific techniques for taking pictures of small local or the solution is to know how stitching the photos?And when I set the control points how I have to put it?

Thank you to anyone

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Large areas of relatively featureless wall and ceiling can be tricky.

Did you try using the vertical line tool on this pano?

Try this shooting pattern: 6-around at about -10 degrees pitch (so that the outer edge of the central rotator of the pano head is just in the frame); and 6-around at about +50 degrees.

I know it may sound a bit unusual but get very good stitching when shooting even the smallest interior pano with this pattern using a Nikon DX body and the 10.5mm FE lens..

Of course I'm assuming you are using a proper pano head and that the camera/lens is correctly set at the NPP.

Remind me - what pano head are you using?
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Acmj wrote:The picture is not quite aligned with defect.Is there some specific techniques for taking pictures of small local or the solution is to know how stitching the photos?And when I set the control points how I have to put it?

Especially shooting indoors a precise alignment of lens/camera/head is essential. And a correct leveling also helps a lot in saving post-correction time.

I also suggest to shoot in portrait-mode 6 horizontals + 1 Zenith + 1 Nadir in small spaces. Shooting Nadir+Zenith helps in closing the sphere and having low distortions. Shooting an extra Nadir by hand or a slanted tripod to avoid seeing the head´s base or the tripod-legs in the Nadir image helps alsi in small rooms. You just pull the tripod aside and tilt the camera straight down to photograph the space the tripod covered before - that´s easy done and adds perfection to your image.
Given your head´s base is very small you also can retouch the Nadir hole easily . . that depends on the situation.

As Andrew already mentioned: use the vertical line tool to correct verticals.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Acmj

Topic author
Info

by Acmj » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm

mediavets wrote:Large areas of relatively featureless wall and ceiling can be tricky.

Did you try using the vertical line tool on this pano?

Try this shooting pattern: 6-around at about -10 degrees pitch (so that the outer edge of the central rotator of the pano head is just in the frame); and 6-around at about +50 degrees.

I know it may sound a bit unusual but get very good stitching when shooting even the smallest interior pano with this pattern using a Nikon DX body and the 10.5mm FE lens..

Of course I'm assuming you are using a proper pano head and that the camera/lens is correctly set at the NPP.

Remind me - what pano head are you using?

I´m using a Manfrotto 303 SPH PANORAMIC HEAD.

no avatar
Acmj

Topic author
Info

by Acmj » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm

I´m using a Manfrotto 303 SPH PANORAMIC HEAD.
THANK YOU

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Acmj wrote:I´m using a Manfrotto 303 SPH PANORAMIC HEAD.
THANK YOU

Oh dear - well never mind. ;)
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Acmj wrote:I´m using a Manfrotto 303 SPH PANORAMIC HEAD.
THANK YOU

Well - then you misaligned your setup. The pattern shows that stitching is geometrical corect (the borders of the black areas are symetrical).
So the issue must be with the alignment of your lens-/camera-/head combinbation.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Acmj

Topic author
Info

by Acmj » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Thank you, yesterday I tried the way you said and the picture was excellent. 6 more 6.
Thank you. Can you help me with one more thing.I made pano with KR Pano radar and map.The map is on the right position ok.I want open the pano and the map continue small and then click to enlarge.Today the map open large and I click to reduce.
What I have to do with the code.
Thank you very much.