Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:02 pm 

HI,

I am having a new problem when creating partial panos using APT 1.1.0 beta 11.

Used to be (can't remember which version) when I uploaded a pano that was not a full 360, APT would recognize it as a partial, and it would create the tour automatically as such

Now, for some reason, they wrap all the way around as if it thinks it is a gull 360, even it if shows up as partial under "Picture parameters".

How do I get the tour to treat a partial as a partial? I've tried changing the "Data Field of View" and that changes it a bit, but I have no idea what the optimal number would be. I liked it much better when it did it automatically.

Any help greatly appreciated!
sara. again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:35 am 

Sara,

When rendering a pano image Autopano Pro/Giga creates custom EXIF tag which among other things includes the pano image FOV and vertical offset.

Autopano Tour/Panotour can read that EXIF tag and set those values accordingly in Panorama Properties.

However if you use an image editor to process pano images created with Autopano Pro/Giga before using them in Autopano Tour/Panotour, or if you use images not created with Autopano Pro/Giga, then that custom EXIF tag is unlikely to be present and then Autopano Tour/Panotour tries to guess the pano FOV settings based on the aspect ratio of the image.

In the case of equirectangular images (which have an aspect ratio of 2:1 width:height) this will be correctly set at 360x180 in all other cases it will be incorrect and you will have to adjust it manually. When adjusting manually you need only set one value as Autopano Tour/Panotour will then calculate the other from the aspect ratio of the image.

If all the pano images in your tour will have a HFOV of 360 then the simplest thing to do when stitching is to force them all to be 360x180 (max. projection range for a spherical projection) and render them all at 360x180, regardless that parts of the image will have no image data, and then use the Crop tool in the Hotspot Editor to determine the part of the pano image that the viewer can see when the tour is displayed.

Alternatively if you have kept the original rendered pano images for your partial (less than 360x180) stitched pano images just use an EXIF reader such as the Opanda EXIF reader to determine the pano FOV and vertical offset values - see screenshot :
http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html

You should also be aware that Autopano Tour/Panotour can only properly handle images which use a spherical or a planar projection. By default Autopano Tour/Panotour assumes that images use spherical projection. If you use some simple unstitched images, or panos renderd in a planar projection, in your tour you will need to change the Panorama Properties/Output projection from Spherical to Planar for those images.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:02 am 

THANK YOU, Mediavets!!!