Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:35 am 

Been using my Skywatcher (Merlin/Orion) head for some Pano's but holding off on further Pano use until I can afford to purchase the Autopano program (want it for sperical pano's).

Doing a lot of Time Lapse in the mean time and looking for more support here with this head and Papywizard presets. Have two presets from Jones Henry Subbiah that have gotten me some good shots (see this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2LKXYqIoNY).

What I'm really looking for is the ability to establish the number of exposures between multiple control points (both pitch and yaw). Am no good at the programing and was wondering if anyone was willing to help here. What I really want and know the software and hardware are capable of is this... set the azimuth for pitch and yaw for point one and then tell it how many shots to take until it reaches point two... then set the azimuth for pitch and yaw for point two and then the number of shots for point 3 and so on.

Jones wrote a preset that allows for 6 control points but the only way to control the number of shots is to set the focal length and frame rate for the entire shot of all points.

Celestron Skywatcher Panohead (firmeware version=010981), Papywizard, Nokia 800 (OS2008), Win 7 64 on Sony VIAO, Canon 7D, 40D, 30D with Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS, 24-135mm F3.5 IS, Sigma 15mm F2.8, Vivitar 7mm f3.5 Fisheye for Canon (manual lens), Sigma 135-500mm f3.5/5.6.
Focus Time Lapse and Spherical Pano's/pano tours (Autopano gig and Tour). Dynamic Perception Dolly with MX2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:23 am 

Mike,

I mentioned in the other thread that adding the number of shots per position can be done on the Bezier Curve timelapse preset generator. Please discuss this on the other thread.

Jones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:16 am 

Sorry to hi-jack

but is the Skywatcher also a Merlin/Orion? if so which model specific? this could make it a lot easier to get then the Merlin

thanks

Henrik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:33 am 

tived wrote:
Sorry to hi-jack

but is the Skywatcher also a Merlin/Orion? if so which model specific? this could make it a lot easier to get then the Merlin

thanks

Henrik

No problem Henrik,

the Celestron Skywatcher is the newest version of the Merlin/Orion here in the USA... it is the only one I could find and it works great!

Just trying to get more out of it diong time lapse... check this link out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2LKXYqIoNY

and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nenmhAEjFHs

:cool:

Celestron Skywatcher Panohead (firmeware version=010981), Papywizard, Nokia 800 (OS2008), Win 7 64 on Sony VIAO, Canon 7D, 40D, 30D with Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS, 24-135mm F3.5 IS, Sigma 15mm F2.8, Vivitar 7mm f3.5 Fisheye for Canon (manual lens), Sigma 135-500mm f3.5/5.6.
Focus Time Lapse and Spherical Pano's/pano tours (Autopano gig and Tour). Dynamic Perception Dolly with MX2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:30 am 

Hello Henrik,

For the different "known" versions and Brand names, have a look into the FAQ's:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/PapyMerlin_FAQ#Other_Merlin_brand_and_model_names_.3F

Specificly for the U.S.A. , I have just posted some informations to find the mount:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10331-buying-a-orion-merlin-in-the-usa

I have no idea where to find in Australia at this moment ... :/

Gigapixel photography with Nikon D200 + Sigma 70-200 F 2.8 EX DG APO HSM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 pm 

Thanks Glaude,
I got to get to use my little BT module I bought from you one of these days!

;-)

Henrik

PS: Bought, the Nokia N900 thinking it would work, but it doesn't look like it so far