KrPano  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Tour is very community driven.
no avatar
JohnM

KrPano

by JohnM » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Its probably posted before, but what are the plans regarding the KrPano player ? As I understand its a one-man project, and even though the player is great it has issues when it comes to keeping documentation up to date, and development is a bit slow.

Does Autopano support the development in any ways other than pushing licenses ?
Last edited by JohnM on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:25 pm

JohnM wrote:Its probably posted before, but what are the plans regarding the KrPano player ? As I understand its a one-man project,

Other than the Easypano products (if you want to consider them in the same category) I think that all the leading Flash pano players/viewers are one-man projects - Pano2VR, krpano and Flash Panorama Player/Flashificator.
and even though the player is great it has issues when it comes to keeping documentation up to date,

I know that there is no extensive collection of 'how to' tutorials or videos, but I believe that the documentation for krpano is up to date isn't it? Albeit that one may have to dig through their forum a bit for documentation of more recent features.

But while krpano documentation is (I believe) complete it is somewhat 'spartan' in style and not particularly user-friendly for non-programmers. And that's why APT ,and now Panotour, are so useful for non-programmers, like me; enabling us easily to make use of the features of krpano most widely used to create virtual tours without any hand coding of XML command files.
and development is a bit slow.

Do you think krpano development is slow - it seems remarkably rapid to me. Quite on a par with, and I think more rapid than, the development of the other leading Flash pano players/viewers. I think krpano is now widely acknowledged to be the most capable and powerful of the Flash pano players/viewers.

Does Autopano support the development in any ways other than pushing licenses?

Would you consider the development of the APT, and Panotour, GUI front-end/XML generators supportive of the development of the krpano Flash panorama player/viewer? I feel that it is because it makes that krpano technology far more accessible to a much larger user community of pano photographers.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
JohnM

by JohnM » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Documentation is not up to date with releases, but updated info is shared in the forums. Krpano is feature rich, and as a one-man part-time project you might say that development is rapid. However the player needs a rewrite of code to work within flash applications, wich wont happen before 1.0.9, maybe sometime next year.

The player is excellent, and I just wish it could have some more commercial support to boost development and documentation. I`d be happy to pay more for the player to boost development, and I believe the player have commercial potential to be more than a one-man business.

As Kolor is extending the product line from only a stitcher to also hardware and VT software, it would be natural to collaborate on the viewer as well.
Last edited by JohnM on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:33 am

JohnM wrote:As Kolor is extending the product line from only a stitcher to also hardware and VT software, it would be natural to collaborate on the viewer as well.

I totally agree but cannot comment yet.

Return to Archive - Autopano tour future