Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Transparant hotspots
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:52 pm 

Hello,

It seems like a hotspot always needs to have a color. Is it possible to make it totally transparant? If not yet possible please add it in next version.

This would be very welcome for use with dooropenings where it looks rather strange to have a colored polygon.

At the same time, the color of the circles of a point seems to be restricted to black only, please allow for other colors as black is very difficult to see on a dark background.

regards,

Hans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:09 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
Hello,

It seems like a hotspot always needs to have a color. Is it possible to make it totally transparant? If not yet possible please add it in next version.

This would be very welcome for use with dooropenings where it looks rather strange to have a colored polygon.

You can do that now - just click on Colour and/or Fill colour and adjust the transparency. (screenshot 1)

Quote:
At the same time, the color of the circles of a point seems to be restricted to black only, please allow for other colors as black is very difficult to see on a dark background.

You can create your own.

Then select using Hotspot properties/Display/Object. (screenshot 2)

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:48 pm 

Hi Andrew,
Maybe I understand you wrong but to me transparancy is not the same as 255,255,255 as RGB value, which is actually white. This will stil a visible shape covering a doorway, although partly you can see though it. I would like for nothing visual to show.

Do you have a link to a tour in which you use this?

regards,

Hans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:03 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
Hi Andrew,
Maybe I understand you wrong but to me transparancy is not the same as 255,255,255 as RGB value, which is actually white. This will stil a visible shape covering a doorway, although partly you can see though it. I would like for nothing visual to show.

Do you have a link to a tour in which you use this?

regards,

Hans

Here you are - I just knocked this up quickly to demonstrate the result - a two pano tour, each pano has a transparent hotspot with a coloured border:
http://www.three60views.org.uk/transhstest/trans-hs-test.html

You need to set the Alpha value to zero using the slider to make the fill transparent - see screenshot.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 pm 

Aha, Alpha equals transparancy...... thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:53 am 

What's more, there is still the 'only visible on over' option which can suits you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 am 

Adrien F wrote:
What's more, there is still the 'only visible on over' option which can suits you.

Hi Adrien,

Found that already as it was clear what it would do. It made already a big difference. Making it totally transparent using Alpha might make it look even better. Now if only there is a way to quickly change this option for 39 panorama's each having about 3 hotspots. Looking into the project file xml give me good hope :-)

thanks for the help

Last edited by HansKeesom on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.