[APT V1.1 beta 9 Win7 64] Visual C+ Runtime Library Error  

This forum is fully dedicated to Autopano Tour. Bug report as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
kevshu

[APT V1.1 beta 9 Win7 64] Visual C+ Runtime Library Error

by kevshu » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:41 am

I've looked, but I can't see that anyone else is having this problem.

I can't open / add any panorama to APT. It just crashes. I've tried re-installing the x64 windows version, same results. APT 1.0.9 works, but the latest beta doesn't like my system/setup for some reason. Any thoughts on what I need to uninstall, or install?

Kevin Schumacher
Canon 5Dmk2, 15mm Fisheye, 24-70mm, 100mm Macro, 100-400mm, Nodal Ninja 3
Orion GoTo Mount, BT Ver2 Module, Papywizard on Fujitsu LifeBook U810

no avatar
Adrien F

by Adrien F » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:05 am

Hi kevshu,
would you mind trying the following steps and report us if it solves the problem?

Step 1 : set number of CPU to 1 (monocore)
Step 2 : restart application
Step 3 : set memory usage to a reasonable value (maximum if not too annoying for your system)
Step 4 : restart application
Step 5 : use APT as usual (no more CPU settings changes, it reset memory to 0 [known bug])

Thank you.

We plan a new beta release to fix slow export, memory problems and various other things.

no avatar
kevshu

by kevshu » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks for the help with this.

It has to do with the 'memory used' setting. I never noticed that it was at 700MB before, so I tested the following:

When I initially changed to to mono core, and left the memory where it was I had the same OC freeable error but no C+ Errors.

Mono core and maxed memory usage to 7GB. No error.
Multi core and maxed memory usage. No error.

When switching back to mono core and the lowest memory I couldn't get the error so that was a one time thing.
Also, after I have my CPUs at 8, and I max the memory it only keeps that setting for the first restart. If I exit and than restart the program and go into preferences the memory usage is at the lowest.

At least I'll know what to check when using APT.
Kevin Schumacher
Canon 5Dmk2, 15mm Fisheye, 24-70mm, 100mm Macro, 100-400mm, Nodal Ninja 3
Orion GoTo Mount, BT Ver2 Module, Papywizard on Fujitsu LifeBook U810

no avatar
tolomeo

by tolomeo » Tue May 07, 2013 11:16 am

I have the same problem as reported by kevshu, Panotour does not start, error message by C++ runtime lib same as in the many uploaded images. Panotour latest version, downloaded again today, My system Win7/64 latest version, updated, i7 6/12 procs, 64Gb memory. I can't find the place to set the processors to 1 nor increase the memory , virtual memory 10GB (surely unneccessary)

no avatar
tolomeo

by tolomeo » Tue May 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Found the solution, had to run it as administrator

Return to Archive