Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: updating existing tours
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 pm 

If I've a tour of x panos with x thousend files...
... and than add some features (adding a lens flere, exchangin one image with a fla object, whatever....) than with creating the tour get completley new created from the scratch. Teh backdraw is that all files get new dates... and in consequence publishing this tour via ftp leads to an complete replacement of the old one... x thousand files have to be deleted and reuploaded because some few files got changed or added.

so some mchanism would be great that only altered parts get updated so only the changed files have to be updated again, no longer used files could be automatically deleted... some sort of ftp mechanism could be implemented into APT which can handle this....

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:59 am 

Sounds very useful to me. I've got a tour in mind that I would like to do soon. However, because of some new building taking place at the moment I would likely want to go back in 6-8 months and incorporate the changes. It would be nice to just have to update the one panorama and have the tour automatically update itself without having to make new links etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 am 

Though it sound great but seems impossible, what you are asking is that APT should only append to the files & not touch the older files, even if it does that uploading to ftp will be an issue, so the best option is to zip the folder/files then upload & then unzip it "on the server" & it would ask you if you want to overwrite it (older files) or skip it, choose overwrite the files/folder if any that way you save time & headache to deleting thousands of files.

Uploading as zip files & extracting on server is 4x faster than normal uploading specially when you have 1000s of files.

Last edited by digipano on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:12 am 

digipano wrote:
uploading as zip files & extracting on server is 4x faster than normal uploading.

But not everybody has such a control over his ftp server. I think most of the people just use Filezilla & Co to upload their files.

But maybe you have a hint on how to do that in a way that will fit to everybody?

Edit:
about exporting only needed files, that's work in progress... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 pm 

If you don't have the control for unzipping on the server via ftp then request the webmaster they can provide it, else you can log on via Cpanel using a browser & check if you have the extract zip file option in your file manager or not.

As a last option you can use putty a utility which will do the extraction of any zip file on your ftp server but its a command line interface with basic GUI available.
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Last edited by digipano on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.