Poor resolution  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ptortora

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Poor resolution

by ptortora » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:13 am

I purchased Autopano Giga and it did a great job at stitching some test panos that I shot. I then brought one of the test panos into Autopano Tour and when I make the swf, the image resolution is terrible - even with settings at their highest. the original pano looks great but ends up very grainy with loss of detail when viewed in the browser. I then purchased Krpano and dragged the pano file onto 'Normal' and it makes a beautiful virtual tour in terms of resolution and image quality but the screen size is quite large and it lacks controls, etc. I'm a bit lost at where Krpano comes into play vs Autopano Tour, how I maintain my panos image quality when generating a VT in Autopano Tour, and how to get the plugins and tools to work in Autopano Tour, if they are supposed to. Any help will be much appreciated.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:52 am

ptortora wrote:I purchased Autopano Giga and it did a great job at stitching some test panos that I shot. I then brought one of the test panos into Autopano Tour and when I make the swf, the image resolution is terrible - even with settings at their highest. the original pano looks great but ends up very grainy with loss of detail when viewed in the browser. I then purchased Krpano and dragged the pano file onto 'Normal' and it makes a beautiful virtual tour in terms of resolution and image quality but the screen size is quite large and it lacks controls, etc. I'm a bit lost at where Krpano comes into play vs Autopano Tour, how I maintain my panos image quality when generating a VT in Autopano Tour

See my response to your other post on the same subject - basically you need to register your krpano licenses in Autopano Tour, which will then allow you to output higher resolution cube faces for your Flash VR panos:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p57876-today-07-34-30#p57876

and how to get the plugins and tools to work in Autopano Tour, if they are supposed to.

Autopano Tour (APT) is a GUI/XML code generator for krpano - an advanced Flash VR player controlled via XML parameter files. krpano is probably the most advanced and feature-rich of the current crop of Flash VR players but many people find it hard to get to grips with hand coding the XML files required to control the player.

APT was developed to try and overcome this problem, making krpano more accessible to 'the rest of us' who are typically more interested in pano photopgraphy than learning how to hand code XML. Instead of having to hand code XML files for the krpano player you can use APT to generate the XML files from a GUI.

The APT GUI does not offer access to all the options, parameters, customisations and plug-ins that can be used with the krpano player if you hand code the XML. On the other hand it does make the creation/generation of simple virtual tours very much easier and quicker than having to hand code the XML.

APT is a 'work in progress'. A lot of new features have been added in the latest V 1.1 beta 6 - and you should use this rather than any earlier version. It is available for download from here:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t7116-apt-v1.1-beta

APT is a relatively new program, expect more features to be added to APT as it develops.

If there are features of the krpano player, or particular krpano plug-ins, that you wish to use that cannot currently be accessed via the APT GUI then (if you have a krpano unlimited domains licence) you can choose to externalise the XML files generated by APT (rather than embed/incorporate them within the SWF file) and hand edit the XML to add in any additional features you want. In this way APT can be used a Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool for krpano even by those with advanced XML coding skills and knowledge.

Does this help?
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
ptortora

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by ptortora » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 am

It explains quite a bit and is much clearer to me now. Thank you for your assistance.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 pm

ptortora wrote:It explains quite a bit and is much clearer to me now. Thank you for your assistance.

Andrew gave a very good explanation - i suggest to use the KRPano-Forum additionally . . . . there you find all in-deep information and hints to fine-tune your APT-generated tours or single panos.

The high-res option is extremely fine - here´s a very fine example of a 2GB spherical pano:

http://www.360pano.de/giga/kirche/index.html

and THIS one is real hardcore :cool: :

http://photoartkalmar.com/Photoart%20Kalmar%20high%20res/Gigapixel/Peterskirche%20VR/Peterskirche.html

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel