Video tutorials English presentation  

Topics that are really interesting to convert into the wiki
no avatar
Judy-A

Video tutorials English presentation

by Judy-A » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:30 pm

In the online video tutorials in English, is it possible to dub in the voice of a native English speaker? The current speaker is fluent in English vocabulary and grammar. However, the accent is quite strong and speech is rapid.

As a native speaker of English and a new APP user, already straining to pick up unfamiliar terminology and concepts, I find the tutorial’s voice instructions difficult to follow in places. It must be even more difficult for viewers for whom English is a second language, such as Asians.

I hope I won’t cause any hard feelings by making this suggestion. I do appreciate the tutorials and the work required to produce them.

Judy

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:10 am

Hi Judy-A.

We are aware of that, and next videos produced will have a real native English speaker voice.
In fact, in a few weeks, you'll see new videos coming out.

no avatar
Judy-A

by Judy-A » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Excellent! I'll be among the first in line to view the new videos.

no avatar
cumbrian

by cumbrian » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:44 pm

That is really good news. I have a hearing disability and struggle at the best of times, but I have to give up on the tutorials, which is very frustrating as there appears to be a lot of essential information in the tutorials that doesn't appear in any documentation that I've found so far.

I'm gradually piecing together information by trawling through the forum, but it's very hard work!

no avatar
chab

by chab » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:42 pm

:)Interesting...I'm looking forward to see them:):)

Return to Idea for documentation