Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Saving and Loading .pano
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:56 am 

I noticed that if I create a .pano file using tiff files in a specific folder if I move those tiff files I can no longer load the .pano file. Is there anyway to save all the files including the tiff files in the .pano file?

If the above is not possible is there anyway to re assign a new folder for the tiff files to the .pano file if you were to move the tiff files to a different location in the future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 am 

There is an option in properties of project where you can say to save relative path to pictures. Perhaps it can resolve your issue ?

Vincèn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:53 am 
Administrator

There's also a mecanism that activates itself when you try to load a .pano and if autopano fails to find the files. It's a dialog box where you can look for the new folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:20 pm 

Yeah, but you have to set the new path for every single file of the pano:-0. Would be better if the program assumes (and check) that all necessary files are in one place so that you have to correct the path only once...:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:53 pm 
Administrator

There is 3 cases in fact :
- first it assumes the images are in the same folder as the .pano file. In this case, even if the path stored in the .pano is wrong, it makes the correction automatically without prompting this dialog box.
- If you have this dialog box, the bottom button allow to change the path for all the files : select a new folder, it will then check against all images which one are now good or wrong.
- Finally, you can change just one image location, one by one, by using the "..." button near the file name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:36 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
There is 3 cases in fact :
- first it assumes the images are in the same folder as the .pano file. In this case, even if the path stored in the .pano is wrong, it makes the correction automatically without prompting this dialog box.
- If you have this dialog box, the bottom button allow to change the path for all the files : select a new folder, it will then check against all images which one are now good or wrong.
- Finally, you can change just one image location, one by one, by using the "..." button near the file name.

I can't find that in the present user manual (I missed it?) and suggest this thread being moved to the Idea for documentation sub-forum.