New APT standalone  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 64 posts
Info

New APT standalone

by klausesser » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 am

Hi!

"Output :
Flash format (Windows, Mac, Linux compatible)
2D visualization (plane projection), 3D (spherical projection)
Multiresolution output, adapted for the web
Quick opening in your browser"

Where is the "Multiresolution output"?
I just opened and tried the demo. Can´t find it!

Did i miss or misunderstood something?

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Adrien F

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Adrien F » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 am

Hello,

Actually, the "standalone" version you can download on the Announcement/Survey thread of Autopano forum is the current beta 5. It is just to invite people to give it a try.

Regarding multiresolution export, this is automatically done when you own a krPano full licence. We are discussing with Klaus about integrating it in a standard version, that is why it is stated as a feature of the standalone.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Adrien F wrote:Hello,

Actually, the "standalone" version you can download on the Announcement/Survey thread of Autopano forum is the current beta 5. It is just to invite people to give it a try.

Regarding multiresolution export, this is automatically done when you own a krPano full licence. We are discussing with Klaus about integrating it in a standard version, that is why it is stated as a feature of the standalone.

Hi Adrien!

We already have an unlimited KR-License for KRPano and KRTools. But when i use APT i nowhere can find something about multiresolution!
I would have to use the KR-Tools to make it - nothing to do with APT.
Please tell me how i can make it in APT.

best, Klaus

no avatar
Adrien F

Info

by Adrien F » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 pm

In current versions of APT, if the user has an unlimited krpano licence, multi resolution is automatically used (look in your projectData/ folder) when exporting visit with big panoramas. This is just transparent to the user, but you can still modify the tile size ("Cuting size" in APT).

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Adrien F wrote:In current versions of APT, if the user has an unlimited krpano licence, multi resolution is automatically used (look in your projectData/ folder) when exporting visit with big panoramas. This is just transparent to the user, but you can still modify the tile size ("Cuting size" in APT).

what do you mean: "big panoramas"? At which size do they start? At the moment i render 10000px wide and increase it to 5000px to use in APT - with 15 nodes the .swf gets somewhat big: around 20-30MB.

So using that amount of nodes needs to decrease the sizes to ideally 1o24px per cubesite. Taht´s faster - but limits the quality.

Using multires in some cases would be apropriate - like art-exibitions and something.

I thought about taking the KRPano-tools for that - bur i would much more like to take APT! But: how exactly can i make multires in APT?

thanks and best, Klaus

no avatar
vklaffehn

Info

by vklaffehn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:31 pm

I think all over 3072x1536 is called 'big', but using multires makes only sense if you don't embedd all into the flash file..... the trick on multiresolution is that the player loads tiles in the needed resolution, which, I think, can't be done if all is embedded in one big flash file.
MfG
V.Klaffehn

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:26 pm

vklaffehn wrote:. . . which, I think, can't be done if all is embedded in one big flash file.
MfG
V.Klaffehn

Right - look here :cool: (testversion using far too much panning :cool: - i´ll have to change that :cool:):

http://www.360impressions.de/4h.swf

That means: rendering without "embedded" means separate files means "multires"? And then there´s no need to extra use "make multires" in KRTools?

Would be fine to have that pointed out somewhere . . . . :rolleyes:

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:06 pm

klausesser wrote:Would be fine to have that pointed out somewhere . . . . :rolleyes:

best, Klaus

Perhaps in that up to date English documentation we have been promised for so long...
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:42 pm

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:Would be fine to have that pointed out somewhere . . . . :rolleyes:

best, Klaus

Perhaps in that up to date English documentation we have been promised for so long...

:P

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:58 am

Documentation for APT v1.1 is not written yet. Remember, it's still a beta product ( and documentation is commonly written at the end ).
But you have access to APT 1.0 documentation ... ;)

Nevertheless, we hired one new guy ( he starts in December ) : his full time job is support and documentation. Should helps a lot.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:03 am

AlexandreJ wrote:Nevertheless, we hired one new guy ( he starts in December ) : his full time job is support and documentation. Should helps a lot.

Wow Kolor becomes a large company :lol::P
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D