[APG 2.0.2 Vista X64 GPU] aperture wrong in unlinked pictures  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
vklaffehn

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

[APG 2.0.2 Vista X64 GPU] aperture wrong in unlinked pictures

by vklaffehn » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Hello,

I installed the APG 2.0.2 update yesterday and I like how stable it runs now on my machine. But I noticed two things:

1.I have 60 shots from my Canon PowerShot A590is in manual mode taken with my MiniPanoBot (works like the GigaPan), some are only blue sky pictures. After adding my A590is to the 'cameras.txt' file the aperture is recognized right (5,8mm ~ 35mm), all images are placed right, even the blue ones, but the aperture ist wrong, wich leads to holes in the sky. The linked images have a FOV of about 40 (35mm more or less), but the unlinked blue ones have a FOV of about 25 (60mm). I can manually change the FOV, but after an optimization they are set back to the wrong setting. I don't know if its a bug or if I'm just doinbg something wrong....

2.The GigaPan import filter crashes when importing an incomplete image set, i.e. I have taken a 15x15 picture panorama, but the last five images are missing.

MfG
V.Klaffehn

/edit:
I resized all images to 640x480, problem still exists. For clarification I made a screenshot, all images were shot with 35mm setting.

MfG
V.Klaffehn

Last edited by vklaffehn on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
vklaffehn

Topic author
Info

by vklaffehn » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Hello,
I played around a bit more and have another set of pictures with the same problem. the images where shot gigapan-style, and using the gigapan import filter places them all right, the FOV of some sky pictures ist still wrong. And for testing purposes I shot a 180x90 degrees hires panorama (18x9 shots :-) ) and after importing the pics as gigapan APG says its a 360° panorama....
I have the impression that I maybe did something wrong while adding my camera to the cameras.txt file?

The lens should be 6.8mm eqiv. 35mm, so I added the following line:

Canon;A590;6.034

MfG
Volker
Last edited by vklaffehn on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:16 am

1. The settings are good in the cameras.txt. In fact, during optimization of linked images, the focal length can change. We don't apply back the new calculated value to unlinked images. I really don't know if we should because at startup the focal length should already be not far from real value.

2. I will look at this crash. Not sure the gigapan import was designed for that case.

no avatar
vklaffehn

Topic author
Info

by vklaffehn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Hello, thanks for reading my post :-) In the meantime I had some other picturesets with the same effect. Maybe you can add a kind of switch to tell APG to apply the calculated focal length to unlinked pictures, or that all pictures were taken with the same focal length?
Or would'nt it be better to set the focal length for unlinked pictures to the EXIF setting?

And another funny gigapan import error : I had some pics taken 90° rotated, the windows explorer preview showed them still rotated and also the gigapan importer. To import them I have to rotate them, but after rotating the JPG files, the gigapan importer still showed them wrong, but all other programs (explorer, windows image viewer, paint.net) showed them right....

MfG
V.Klaffehn

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:15 am

vklaffehn wrote:(explorer, windows image viewer, paint.net) showed them right....

Don't rely at all on these. They don't cope with the orientation flag in EXIF metadata.

no avatar
vklaffehn

Topic author
Info

by vklaffehn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am

Ah,ok! Is there a software available which can change the EXIF orientation flag?
MfG
V.Klaffehn