APT 1.000 - More Information Please  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
gerpho

by gerpho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:05 am

'[bo wrote:']gerpho, I don't understand French, so could you explain how do you do those aerial panoramas? If you don't want to post in this topic, an email/private message will do. Thanks in advance!

Well, if you're talking about the aerial panoramas on my website, the pictures are taken from a helicopter. I ask the pilot to stay at the same place, and simultaneously make a 360° rotation (he's a very good pilot by the way, this can be dangerous) ; during this, I take pictures at a steady rate. Of course, this is never perfect, so that both altitude and position change slightly, and that induces slight changes in perspective. Once back on the ground, I stitch with autopano ;when the stitching isn't good enough due to drift in position, I make the necessary corrections with photoshop (and this takes a lot of time). The flash rendering (like this one : http://pagesperso-orange.fr/gerpho.com/Panorama_Loire.swf provides an impression similar to what you feel looking at these landscapes from a helicopter.. which is a great pleasure.

[bo]

by [bo] » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks! You have amazing panos, but using a helicopter explains everything :) This is way too expensive for me, so I have to settle for small, lower quality, partial panos, shot remotely from a kite or balloon. Respect for your work!
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

Previous

Return to Archive