How generate a open SWF without Autopano logo?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
pu2wxp

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How generate a open SWF without Autopano logo?

by pu2wxp » Mon May 04, 2009 6:52 pm

To use my won images to create a virtual tour I want to generate a SWF without Autopano logo.
I want to do some customization on it! How can I do it?
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica
Campos do Jordao SP Brasil

mrking

Info

by mrking » Tue May 05, 2009 1:56 am

That would be nice. I'll be watching this thread.

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sat May 23, 2009 6:49 am

My guess that you need to buy the KRpano license for that, not sure though.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat May 23, 2009 8:13 am

pu2wxp wrote:To use my won images to create a virtual tour I want to generate a SWF without Autopano logo.

Purchase a license for Autopano Giga - that is if you are using Autopano Tour.

I want to do some customization on it! How can I do it?

If you want to make further customisation of the tour - by editing the XML generated by APT - then you also need a krpano unlimited domains license, that will allow you to externalise the XML.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

phototrek

Info

by phototrek » Wed May 27, 2009 12:20 am

While I do have APG, I never figured out how to get APG / APT to work together. I guess I didn't try hard enough.

I am using Zoomify. Cheap, and pretty good. And you don't have to have APG. A default viewer comes even with PS.
iMac 27"
Canon Equipment

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed May 27, 2009 5:57 am

phototrek wrote:While I do have APG, I never figured out how to get APG / APT to work together. I guess I didn't try hard enough.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'work together' - APG and APT are separate programs. But APT could not be much easier to use IMO; although it cannot yet handle very large pano images.
Last edited by mediavets on Wed May 27, 2009 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

phototrek

Info

by phototrek » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:52 am

mediavets wrote:
phototrek wrote:While I do have APG, I never figured out how to get APG / APT to work together. I guess I didn't try hard enough.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'work together' - APG and APT are separate programs. But APT could not be much easier to use IMO; although it cannot yet handle very large pano images.

Well so I just tried it again, with a small 400MP pano that I rendered. Loaded it into APT and exported it as a swf. I got something curvy bendy, even though the pano was shot with a 400mm lens and therefore there's not much of a cylindrical or other projection to do. As a result, the result looked funny. I was unable to locate a place where I could specify the focal length and/or distance that the pano was taken with, which should influence the look of the resutl. Then the result looked also quite mediocre because the final resolution is extremely limited. And to put a cherry on the cake, the app can't be quit, you have to force quit it (Mac anyway).

In contrast, I load the same rendered image into PS, use the supplied Zoomify plugin, export, and I am done (the export is also way faster in PS but I am patient). The result is all what I was looking for. I splurged $30 and bough the luxury version of the plugin and now I have gallery view with navigation, too. Maybe I just don't "get" APT, which is fine, because I didn't try hard or long, but Zoomify is easier, and cheaper (free for most).

Clearly, this doesn't solve the problem of extreme perspective panos, such as shot with wide angle lenses, but saying that APT could not be easier to operate is a bit of an overstatement. Plus, quite honestly, what good is stitching a mega pano when I am limited to a 1k edge or something similarly absurd in the final result?

http://www.jirman.com/app/index.html

^^ This is what I am trying to achieve, and prolly I am not alone... Sorry for the quality, it's just a quick render of something that isn't apparently even sharp :) I have a better one but apparently uploaded the wrong one...
iMac 27"
Canon Equipment

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:20 am

phototrek wrote:Clearly, this doesn't solve the problem of extreme perspective panos, such as shot with wide angle lenses, but saying that APT could not be easier to operate is a bit of an overstatement. Plus, quite honestly, what good is stitching a mega pano when I am limited to a 1k edge or something similarly absurd in the final result?

http://www.jirman.com/app/index.html

^^ This is what I am trying to achieve, and prolly I am not alone... Sorry for the quality, it's just a quick render of something that isn't apparently even sharp :) I have a better one but apparently uploaded the wrong one...

APT does not yet handle megapixel partial panos.

The basic version of APT include with APG has limits on cube face size - currently 1024 but later to be 1200 pixels - for spherical panos, and some related figure for partial panos.

If you have a krpano unlimited domains license then these restrictions are eased and multi-resoltuion output is enabled, but currently there is still a restriction on the max. hozinzontal dimension of a partial pano that APT can handle.

The current release of APT was designed principally to enable the easy production of virtual tours - several panos linked together via hotspots - that would download quickly when displayed on-line, rather than for the display of single megapixel partial panos. Zoomify or Gigapan are better for that at the moment.

APG creates an EXIF tag that provides HFOV and VFOV data for partial panos that is read by APT to set these values properly. If you post-process panos before importing them into APT then this data will probably be lost and you will then have to enter those values manually.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

phototrek

Info

by phototrek » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:04 pm

mediavets wrote:APG creates an EXIF tag that provides HFOV and VFOV data for partial panos that is read by APT to set these values properly. If you post-process panos before importing them into APT then this data will probably be lost and you will then have to enter those values manually.

Well I sorta have to post process every single pano, because APG still can't embed the color profile into an image file. So I have to open and re-save EVERY file once it's rendered. I am sorry if PS destroys some information, but it seems to me that APG may as well not bother including this info as long as it doesn't include profiles.

http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6340-a-non-priority-wish
iMac 27"
Canon Equipment

no avatar
OfF3nSiV3

Info

by OfF3nSiV3 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:49 am

mediavets wrote:APT does not yet handle megapixel partial panos.

what do you mean?
do you mean that if i shoot a 180º pano (thus partial), i can't use it to create a tour?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:56 am

OfF3nSiV3 wrote:
mediavets wrote:APT does not yet handle megapixel partial panos.

what do you mean?
do you mean that if i shoot a 180º pano (thus partial), i can't use it to create a tour?

APT can handle partial panos but there is currently an upper limit to the resolution (size) of image it can handle.
Andrew Stephens