[AGP 1.9 - Mac OSX 10.4.11] rotation in edit wind is not what expected  

Topics that are really interesting to convert into the wiki
no avatar
beeloba

[AGP 1.9 - Mac OSX 10.4.11] rotation in edit wind is not what expected

by beeloba » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:37 pm

In the edit window on Mac, the pano rotation did not work on a bracketed pano… minus 90° or plus 90° made a 180° rotation…
Other users tests would help to confirm…
I have screen shots to show the bug

Last edited by beeloba on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:36 pm

On the following screen capture I placed a series of colored arrows starting from the center of the rotation and pointing toward the same image details. Spherical images always display angular values using a particular set of rules and I will not attempt to describe those rather strange rules there...

A specialized Editor button, which name could be something like "please, try to return zenith and nadir where I'm used to see them" is sugested when used projection is Spherical and FOV correspond to 360° and 180°.
____

Les mathématiques sont sans pitié (c'est ce qui en fait le charme) donc quand on parle de rotation sans vraiment préciser autour de quel axe, un jour ou l'autre, fatalement, elles se vengent.

Les 3 rotations en question se font autour d'un axe situé dans le plan qu'APP croit être le plan horizontal: dans la situation que tu as illustrée APP n'a pas réussi à  localiser l'horizon parce que l'appareil a enregistré des indications fausses ou aucune indication dans les infos EXIF de certaines photos. Il continue bien a faire tourner l'image autour du même axe que d'habitude mais n'a pas placé l'image comme il faudrait par rapport à  cet axe. Ca suggère que dans ce cas - ou les utilisateurs sont eux aussi désorientés - un bouton remettre le zénith et le nadir là  où on a l'habitude de les voir pourrait peut-être faire son apparition ...

Last edited by GURL on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georges

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Change the pitch using +/-90 under Yaw/Pitch/Roll button.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:19 pm

mediavets wrote:Change the pitch using +/-90 under Yaw/Pitch/Roll button.

Yes, but often this must be followed by pressing the 180° button... (most images having a roll value in contradiction with EXIF data could help APP to determine whether or not this is required ?)
Georges

no avatar
hankkarl

by hankkarl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:07 pm

beeloba wrote:In the edit window on Mac, the pano rotation did not work on a bracketed pano… minus 90° or plus 90° made a 180° rotation…
Other users tests would help to confirm…
I have screen shots to show the bug

Hi Beeloba,

Look at the black dot on the boulder in the center of your image. It looks to me like it moved 90". Also, the rocks on the sides look different. I suspect the rotation may have been 90 degrees.

I think you need to move the centerpoint to be halfway between the center and left or right side of the monitor.
Last edited by hankkarl on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Idea for documentation