Kölner Dom  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
TrompeLaMort

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Kölner Dom

by TrompeLaMort » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:35 am

Hi,

So one of the reasons I bought autopano pro was when I end up across the street from a building that would require a helicopter to get a view with the entire building in camera, I can take a bunch of pictures and get one big picture.

This pano of the Kà¶ln Dom is made up of 14 shots I made using my Olympus EVOLT 510 (10 MP, 1/30 sec, 28mm, F4.6-F5.6).

I literally could only get a small portion of the picture in view (here's the full version: http://myhollandtravels.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/20081005-koelner-dom-from-plaza1.jpg):

Comments and criticism?

Thanks,

Dan

thierry

Info

by thierry » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:00 am

Comments and criticism?
near to fall down like Pisa tower
upper parts are severly out of focus
good beginning, try harder now !
nouvelles techniques, nouvelles images ! www.pointnodal.com

no avatar
TrompeLaMort

Topic author
Info

by TrompeLaMort » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:12 am

I see what you mean about the tower of pisa... When I'm standing, looking up at a buildng, is there any good technique so that the pano doesn't get that kind of warped look? I had to straighten the towers, on just default settings there was a bulge in the middle and the towers bent in together in a unnatural way...

no avatar
beeloba

Info

by beeloba » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:17 am

Same comment, I have tried to see the full resolution Pict… but this so inaccurate that its impossible to help more…
Only the lower foreground picture is in focus…
The middle and top are so blurred and with color AC, that this is difficult to correct the back light issue… Sorry Dan :(

no avatar
beeloba

Info

by beeloba » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:29 am

TrompeLaMort wrote:I see what you mean about the tower of pisa... When I'm standing, looking up at a buildng, is there any good technique so that the pano doesn't get that kind of warped look? I had to straighten the towers, on just default settings there was a bulge in the middle and the towers bent in together in a unnatural way...

Use hyperfocal solution… Here is one of the links leading to that issue… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperfocal_distance

You better understand quickly that this technique will help you in a focal length ratio that needs a minimum of close subjects… I mean, if you are using a wide angle focal… this is easy to have a lot of perspective, if you are using a mid focus lens like a 50 mm the Hyperfocal is gonna be very poor for the foreground… And the worst is going to happen with tele lenses, that you will have to use almost at infinite…

Very good to learn this compromise :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

marco-pano

Info

by marco-pano » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:07 am

TrompeLaMort wrote:... the towers bent in together in a unnatural way...

Still unatural. Try to straighten more. First use vertical lines tool. Not so easy with old architecture where, depending on height level, columns are not in same vertical plan. I generally improve with the manual yaw/pitch/roll tool.

It's difficult to understand why lower pictures seem accurate when upper pictures seem out of focus. Did you use manual focus, focus on ground pictures and maintain this focus for all pano ?

Weather seem not so good with a layer of white clouds. Did you shoot in raw and try to get more details in sky ? Sky is 100% white, you may replace it by a light cloud pattern. With this kind of weather, colors can become more cripsy by increasing saturation (or use vibrancy effect if you have Camera Raw).

On the opposite, church is quite dark, you may extend the level range to give more contrast in the building.

Here is a very quick change from your full version. Learn, read post here and elsewhere, try... "Bon courage"

Marco, Paris ;)
Canon EOS 40D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105 LIS, EF 70-200 LIS - Canon G9 (wide-converter)
DxO v7.5, Autopano Pro 2.6, PS CS5 and time