Cannot Save XML File?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
MojoJojo

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Cannot Save XML File?

by MojoJojo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Hi,

I'm having issues editing and saving the projects xml file. I am probably just having a mental moment but it's driving me nuts.

I am attempting to limit the view of the panoramas so that the nadir is not seen. Every time I edit the xml file and then save it, then when I click on the "Build tour" button, my xml file is overwritten with a copy of the xml file before I edited it. My edits are constantly overwritten with each build.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

Re: Cannot Save XML File?

by Destiny » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Hi.. You do not have to edit your xml to do this.. Using PTP, you can use the Crop Tool too crop the Nadir off the pano, which will limit the view...

MojoJojo

Topic author
Info

by MojoJojo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi and thanks for that info.

I knew this and appreciate your solution. The problem is that if I make ANY edits to the xml file (which I will need to do to completely customize the tour with features not included in panotour) they are not saved, they are simply overwritten.

Why is the xml file being overwritten every time I edit it and how do I stop this from happening?

Thanks!

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:17 am

Your xml will always be over written each time you rebuild your Tour.. Nothing you can do about that. The only other way you can try, is to call in custom xml into your tour, using the Advanced Plugin, 'Include an xml file'.. Create your custom code and add it, and since its part of the build, it should be added into your Tour each time, so you do not have to keep editing the xml code.. Kolor Div Team can help with this more on Monday...

MojoJojo

Topic author
Info

by MojoJojo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:22 am

Hi again and thanks for that information :-) That is exactly what I needed to know. I was honestly thinking that I was losing my mind because I thought that I was able to edit the XML file in the past with no issues. Now I know that that wasn't the case so I am sane again :-)

Again, thanks so much for your help!

MojoJojo

Topic author
Info

by MojoJojo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 am

Hi again,

Quick question I wanted to ask. Is there any documentation showing/explaining how to override controls of main xml file with the included xml file?

I see how to add ADDITIONAL code that is not already in the original xml file, but I am having issues with overriding information that is already included in the original file.

Thanks!

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Have you tried the "Include an XML file" plugin to add your own code (in PTP 2.5.14) ?
Benjamin

MojoJojo

Topic author
Info

by MojoJojo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:57 am

benji33 wrote:Have you tried the "Include an XML file" plugin to add your own code (in PTP 2.5.14) ?

Hi, I did try, but was unsuccessful. Can you give me an example of how add/change...... say the vlookatmin="-90" and the vlookatmax="90" values located within the original xml file to vlookatmin="-45" vlookatmax="80" in the additional xml file?

I can find absolutely no documentation on how to even use the additional xml file correctly. Whenever I save the additional xml file after altering values, the additional file valuessimply change to the original file values.

Thanks.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:05 am

Additional XML files are made to apply new code, not really to override the generated code. It can be done but the added code must be called after the first generation.

To change the vlookatmin and vlookatmax value of a specific scene you can do something like that into the new xml file.
Code: Select all
<krpano>
    <events name="tourstartoverride" ontourstart="overrideverticallimits" keep="true" />
    <action name="overrideverticallimits">
        if(scene[get(xml.scene)].name == "pano10",
            set(view.vlookatmin, -40);
            set(panoview.vmin, -40);
            set(view.vlookatmax, 80);
            set(panoview.vmax, 80);
        );
    </action>
</krpano>
Benjamin