Not recognizing 360° Panos correctly after editing  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
nufan

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Not recognizing 360° Panos correctly after editing

by nufan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Good Day
I just bought Panotour 2.5.
If i stitch jpeg files togehter and import them to panotour 2.5, then it recognices the panorama correclty.
If i stitch jpeg and edit the stiched panorama (for example change saturation or sharpnes, not changing size etc), save the jpeg and load it to panotour 2.5, then it does not recognize the panorama correctly anymore. i dont know why... is there any special requirement for the jpeg files, any special data attribute the jpeg needs that panotour does recognize the panorama correctly?

Thanks
Best Regards

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Re: Not recognizing 360° Panos correctly after editing

by marzipano » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:21 pm

When a jpg is stitched by APG it uses the panorama's EXIF data to store several data items relevant to Panotour in the USER_COMMENT part of the EXIF layout

Sadly all 3rd party editing programs which are used to edit stitching errors or alter the colour, contrast, saturation etc corrupt or remove this data so it is no longer available for Panotour or Facebook to create the correct layout or appearance

For Panotour, the main parameters which are usually lost are Horizontal Field Of View, Vertical Field Of View and Vertical Offset

The only way I know of resolving this issue is to take the initial output from APG BEFORE ANY FURTHER EDITING and load it into Panotour and make a manual note of the HFOV, VFOV, VOFFSET for that jpg in the tour properties

Then after all the the editing has been carried out and the final jpg is loaded into Panotour for real, the values previously noted are used to overtype the incorrect values shown in Panotour

I agree it is a right pain !

best
Martin

no avatar
nufan

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Not recognizing 360° Panos correctly after editing

by nufan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:08 am

Thank you very much for your answer and the explanation. I'll try that.

What i also will try is to edit the raw photos before i stitch them together to a panorama. then i load it to panotour and see if this works.