Zoom into an Image, move around, and zoom out  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
neofilm

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Zoom into an Image, move around, and zoom out

by neofilm » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:53 pm

In my pano I want the visitor to select a hotspot, an image to be displayed in a lightbox/popup, and then they need to be able to zoom into the image to see the details and move around that image after zoomed in.

When an image is displayed the mouse scroll zooms in and out of the pano behind the displayed image, which is pointless. It should zoom in and out of the image, not the pano. And, they need to be able to move around in the image after zooming in.

How can I do this? This is important because, for example, inside a facility they may have a panel on a wall with serial numbers and other information. The customer wants the visitor to click on the image and be able to zoom into the image to read the serial numbers/information.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

Re: Zoom into an Image, move around, and zoom out

by Destiny » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi..

Create a new Tour with only flat images that are in your gallery or jut one image..Set the Tour to Flat image. Add some menu buttons like move and zoom +/-

Then name and build it.. In your main Tour, add that Image Tour into a Website Box link the image Tour url to open it using a HotSpot..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/ZoomI ... /Tour.html

Destiny...

no avatar
neofilm

Topic author
Info

by neofilm » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Thank you Destiny. That seems a bit tedious and circuitous. Isn't there a way to do it within the same tour? And, do you have an example you can share of this working?

Although, on a different note I like idea of making multiple tours into one. So, maybe this would be a good thing to learn. The project I'm working on is HUGE. There's going to be several buildings on one property. So, as I have started learning this software and working on that tour I've been wondering if it may be advantageous to make one tour from several tours, like one for each building. This is because I've just started building the tour for one building and it's already become extremely elaborate and taking very long to render. Do you know if there is information somewhere on making one tour from multiple tours?

Thanks again!

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Perhaps take a look at Deep Linking..

Kolor Support might have other ideas..

Destiny...

no avatar
neofilm

Topic author
Info

by neofilm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 am

Where is "Deep Linking" and what is it for?

It's just seems more intuitive/logic that when a picture is brought up it a visitor zooming in with their mouse would be able to zoom into the picture, not the pano behind the picture. The way it is setup right now is just useless because obviously the picture is in the foreground and zooming into the pano behind is just pointless...

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 am

Deep Linking is an option to link any pano within a Tour or other Tours..

You can read about it here..

http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... ep_Linking

Basically, you check on the Pano ID, which you will find by clicking on the pano, and it will be available at the right panel. Copy it and add that to the URL suffix to open that pano from another Tour URL. There are many options with this as you will read.. Its the only way I know to link other Tours or Panos to another. But Kolor Support might have other options. I am not Support, I just Moderate and clean up junk stuff.. But I try to help if I can..

So basically, this Deep Linking URL below is linked to a Test Tour, but to a particular pano within that Tour.. The URL in red is the Deep Linking part..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/2Dma ... tMaps.html?startscene=pano25

Destiny...

neofilm likes this post.

no avatar
neofilm

Topic author
Info

by neofilm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 am

Ok, that's some really cool stuff you've got going on there. I really like the slider! And, I must have overlooked your first link in your first response, that looks promising now that I see it, sorry about that. Although, it didn't work in "fullscreen". I'll try to see what I can make happen from your first comment.

no avatar
neofilm

Topic author
Info

by neofilm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:19 pm

So, here's a video I just did quick explaining the issue. I know Destiny gets it and has some great ideas on work arounds. However I believe adamantly that zooming into an image that's in front of the pano should be the default, not zooming into the background, which is completely pointless. I was showing someone a tour today, I didn't say anything about this issue, the first thing that said right away was "can you zoom into the image?" Clearly this is what is expected. See what I mean in this video here: https://youtu.be/vrrr5xUJjP0

no avatar
neofilm

Topic author
Info

by neofilm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:24 pm

Also, my being able to create that video was so easy. Isn't there a way someone can demonstrate to me in a video how to do this? It's so easy to do screen capture videos. Destiny has been helpful, but her first response would have been way better if she actually showed me how to do it. I could probably create a video faster than trying to explain it in a post. And the video would make it very easy to solve problems fast. I haven't got past her suggestion on setting the tour to "a flat image". Where do I do that at? And, if my main tour has hundreds of images, like 10 on average in 10 different panos, is this really a practical solution?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 122 posts
Info

by bdd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:02 pm

neofilm wrote: And, if my main tour has hundreds of images, like 10 on average in 10 different panos, is this really a practical solution?

You have to create 2 different tours.
The first one contains only the 360° scenes where you place your hotspots.
Those hotspots will display a "website box" using a local URL like this one : " ./mygallery.html?s=panoID "

The second tour will be the one generating the file "mygallery.html" .
It will contains only your flat images. (see here how to set the Flat property : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt8R0x9 ... be&t=1m54s )

In the first tour, you can set the size of the website box plugin, so it can be set directly to a height fitting 100% of the tour height. So your users won't need to fullscreen the image.
And if the zoom does not work anymore in Destiny sample, it's because when fullscreen the image is already at its highest definition. If your pictures are wider, you'll be able to zoom in fullscreen.

Gérald