Nodal Ninja Robotics is here...  

Discuss the various motorized panoramic heads on the market, ask for advice, etc...
(EN/FR Forum)
no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 227 posts
Info

Nodal Ninja Robotics is here...

by Destiny » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Hey there.. Just incase you are not aware, Nodal Ninja are lancing their new Panoramic Head with motorised robotics... This is excellent news and should be considered by anyone trying to get into this option.. Nodal Ninja are appealing to the affordable panoramic photographers market, which I feel there would be a big demand..

You can check out their new website here.. http://shop.nodalninja.com/robotics/

I will also add that Bill Bailey's custom service is 100%...

For those who can afford it... The VR Drive is a must for the high-end users.. and the addition of the HDR Software is an absolute must have..

Urs Krebs at Roundshot also provides 100% customer service..

http://www.roundshot.com/xml_1/internet ... 78/f79.cfm

Motorised pano heads are in my view, the only option to create perfect panos fast and accurately.. I just love hearing my VR Drive motors.. Its sounds so solid and fun to use.. As long as you set all the setting and focus etc correctly, you really cannot go wrong.. One thing I hate about editing pano images is adding control points.. When using a motorised pano head, this for me is not an issue.. I love perfect stitchings using APG. Using a motorised pano head it is possible.. If you capture many panos for a business, your investment in buying a motorised pano head will pay for itself very quickly..

Destiny...

signmaster

Liked in: 34 posts
Info

Re: Nodal Ninja Robotics is here...

by signmaster » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:18 am

I have just ordered a Maestro3, looking forward to taking some gigapixel panos. http://panocatcher.com/maestro3-sd-robotic-panorama-head/

Steve

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:08 am

Hi Steve. Wow, I have never seen that one ... I guess I have lost touch with new developments in this area.. The most affordable motorised head used to be the MK, but they do not make it anymore.. Lack of sales I guess.. I have always felt that companies like Nodal Ninja should make a motorised pano head, for a long time and I have read others suggesting this would be a good idea too.. Its long time coming so I hope they have not left it too late.. Since it now seems that others are also making them.. I would be very interested in how you go with you new pano head.. Setting up the NPP is the trick to achieving great results.. My advise is to use exact measurements.. Get that right and it should be great..

I have not used my VR Drive for a while due to other things happening.. Mainly since moving into our own home but I hope to get it out soon... I just love it. It really is a special thing.. Never regretted buying it.. Even though it cost so much and I had to work 3 jobs to pay it off.. It would have been nice to have had some paid work using it but it was not to be.. Australia really is very slow in adopting new media..

Hope to hear from you soon... Let me know if you need help in setting up your NPP... But I guess if you are only using it for Gigapixel images, it will not matter..

Destiny..

signmaster

Info

by signmaster » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:17 am

Hi Destiny
I will also be using it for high rez 360 panos.

Steve

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Is there an option to shoot bracketed shots... or even add a Promote Controller.. ??

If you do shoot spheres, let me know if you have issues in setting your NPP.. but I think you already know how..

The great thing about a VR Drive, I can set the bracketed shots to any number and exposure values.

When I have time I will read about the features of all these new motorised pano heads..

Destiny...

signmaster

Info

by signmaster » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:41 am

Yes, you can use the promote control and shoot bracketed shots. It is supposed to be very fast and monitors the flash pc socket to make sure the bracketed shots are completed before advancing to the next position. It should arrive next week so I will know more once I have had a play.
I normally set the NPP with a close item like a pencil and something in the distance. I have also used a grid close to the camera and something in the distance.

Steve