GoPro FUSION 360 :)  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: GoPro FUSION 360 :)

by GUY LEFEVRE » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:52 pm

First tests not very conclusive, I still have to do others but I do not feel it

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 am

GUY LEFEVRE wrote:Hello,
I received my Fusion.
I have not tried yet but I do not see any trace of the software to achieve the merger of the 2 views.
Is there a gopro software or should I use another software?

Did you download Fusion Studio?

All the way down the bottom of this page (I don't see an anchor on the page to link to directly unfortunately): https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/fus ... Z-101.html

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:42 am

Hey... Since thats a Plugin.. Is it supposed to work with Premiere CS6.. I installed it but cannot find it.. Like other plugins, using Mac, they are not available..

Is having a GoPro Fusion a matter of having Premiere too...???

Destiny....

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 am

The plugins are separate from Fusion Studio. Fusion Studio is to stitch the videos, do your basic overcapture or render the spherical video.

The plugins are for more advanced editing. If you want to do advanced editing, chances are you will own Premiere or After Effects.
And it's compatible with Premiere Pro CC 2015 onwards if I'm not mistaken, so CS6 is too old a version.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:20 pm

I guess thats why no Plugins are available. :rolleyes: =(

Personally I feel GoPro and Kolor are way behind the 8 ball when it come to features with their Video Software... I received an email pointing to this website below.. I wonder if Kolor/GoPro will add some features like this into their software.

http://newsletter.3dvista.com/envio/ver ... 4okns8VAe/

Destiny..

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Gopro wants to take the camera again.
They have a really good service.
Damage to the FUSION

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Damage? What happened? :O

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:46 pm

The quality photo is really insuffisient for my application.

no avatar
robinripper

Info

by robinripper » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Is the stitching on the fusion suppose to take so long?
It's taking over 30 minutes to stitch a 90 second clip (4k format, not even 5.2k)

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 pm

I am not at all interested in the video so I do not know how to answer.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 am

.. and so the Real Reviews start.. :rolleyes:

I look forward to seeing some real footage.. Unedited..

Destiny

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 am

To be honest, it looks to be a very exciting camera.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiXVz7JJiSo Pity my Premiere version is out dated so will not work with the plugin.. I do not do much video editing so not sure if I should update.. Its expensive.. I was thinking about getting Final Cut Pro X, since my older version now does not work since updating to High Sierra.. I hate Apple for that.. All my other much older software works.. Not sure if Apple think people like me will run out to buy their new Final Cut Pro.. Nope!.. Dream on... Since Premiere will have more use with the Fusion plugin, and easier to use, for me Premiere would be a better choice.. I am hopeful that Kolor will develop a PTP Video alternative of their software, where many other PTP features can be added into the 360 video.. Now that would be very very exciting.. It would allow Kolor to step out of the restraints of krpano and give all PTP users hope for the future of Virtual Reality media..... Then adding Augmented Reality into a 360 Video would be the next evolution I guess...

Destiny...

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:52 am

Hello, For my photos of interior, I chose this material (photo)
Attachments
app photo 1.jpg
photo1

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 am

Hi...

Not sure what you are expressing.. A Fusion is 360 Video..

Did you know that you are better off not using a Flash.. Setting all manual.. Otherwise, shiny reflective objects can loose their features and it also creates shadow issues.. Far more professional to use Manual Settings.. F8 indoors, ISO if possible 100... Exposure value will be what ever it will be...

Destiny....

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:42 am

Yes it is true that the flash is reflections but in many cases the visits I must realize are often in homes quite dark.
And I am not an expert in photography so it's not easy for me to use the manual settings.
I will soon join a link of a visit made

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:51 pm

To be honest with you.. GoPro have been caught sitting on the fence.. Too little too slow... They should have had their camera on the market 5 years ago.. I have kept an eye on the Fly.. It has great optics. A few issues but they are getting there very fast.. and like you said, many other cameras are coming onto the market and some are looking very good.. but others are utter junk.. and some junk one's cost heaps, so they will fall off by the wayside fairly quickly.. There have been a few door stops come and gone already.. Good marketing sold them.. but in reality they were utter junk.. Real shame about the Nikon attempt.. Great looking 360 cameras but terrible media..

360 cameras I like include the Insta360 Pro, great design and the media is good too... You only have to do a Google search to see a bunch of cameras. GoPro have their work cut out to sell their cameras. For me, they have already failed in their design. However, they have Kolor technology inside.. That and that alone might save them..

I personally would stay away from any option where more than one camera unit is involved. Joining two or more cameras together compounds the issues... and effort to capture 360 video.

I cannot really comment too much on most of the cameras since I have not used them.. I can only go buy the demo media but I have found many of them to be highly worked on. Its the Joe Blogs video I am interested in seeing.. Captured with no post editing.. As it comes..

To be honest, I feel we have yet to see a clear winner in the new 360 Camera revolution. Its all very exciting.. I would love to see a PTP-360 Video software.. With many options including AR..

Destiny...

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:01 am

I really feel that Nikon have truly understood what it means to create a rugged action camera.. But sad to say, there are issues with the media, partially the KeyMission 360.. I have had one in my hand and it feel awesome. Much heavier than I was expecting. It also has a detachable rubber coat that helps protects it... I guess each to their own.. GoPro sold millions of their cameras so they must be doing something right.. But that was then and things have changed.. Partially there are many more options to choose from..

I am having problems in finding real media captured using a GoPro Fusion.. There also seems to be some confusion about it..

Destiny...
Attachments
hero-cameras.png

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:39 pm

For those with access to the BBC programme CLICK, they were looking at and evaluating two 360 cameras (in video mode) - namely the offerings from Nikon and Kodak

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09j3gq9/click-short-edition-16122017#

Martin

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 am

Real shame...

https://www.channelnews.com.au/gopro-ax ... ders-sale/

I rather like the Karma for a couple of main reasons.. The camera is set at the front, not all drones are free from the rotors in the view... and the entire front grip comes out to use like an OSMO... I also like the viewer control box.. I do not own a smart phone so ideal for people like me.. Perhaps they will have a sale... but what will become of those who have already purchased one. Will they still get their warranties or a fix... Not a good look for GoPro.. Its a really good job they went public when they did otherwise we would be saying.. GoPro 'who' long ago.. The Karma seemed to me to be rushed out before fully testing.. It also lacked basic features.. I became very elected about it until I read the specs. Then a week later came the Mavic. That drone is in a class of its own.. Very cooool..!!! and cost about the same as the Karma..

I would like to see GoPro support Kolor in developing a PTP Video option with AR.. They also need to develop a Pro Version of the Fusion but need to drop that stupid name.. Call it the GoPro 360 Cam and GoPro 360 Pro Cam.. and redesign the box... it really does not have the "wow cool looking" appeal.. :rolleyes:

Destiny...

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:24 am

This is very interesting... Very good review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nekCjHb-IMQ

Destiny...

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:14 am

I really think GoPro needs to rethink their Fusion naming...

GoPro 360 Cam or GoPro 360 would have been heaps better...

At the moment.. AutoDesk use this name and...

FUSION - Official Site - Speakers, Music & Audio‎
Fusion Australia | Youth, Community & Training
Fusion Retail Brands - Home
Fusion Health: Modern Chinese Herbal Medicine
FUSION Rewards Home Page | FUSION REWARDS
Fusion: Award-winning digital innovation agency.
Fusion Australia: The Best in Plastic Piping System Products ...
Fusion Entertainment: Marine, Lifestyle & Watersports Audio Solutions

and more and more.. Just do a Google search..

emmmmm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Destiny..

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:26 am

Hello,
Do you know the professional cameras of this article?
Which one would you take?

https://www.androidpit.fr/meilleures-ca ... es-android

no avatar
shawn11

Info

by shawn11 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:42 am

Go Pro Fusion comes with hefty price tag for me. In that price, I can own a brand new Flagship and a decent 360 camera like Insta 360. A dude has Go Pro Fusion and it is indeed a great 360 camera. But it is not that perfect camera. The camera gets way hot after using it straight for 20-25 minutes. Moreover, sometimes, it freezes and he need to pull the batteries out. I found some decent 360 cameras for iPhones & Android smartphones https://www.thetechtoys.com/360-camera-iphone/ which are good in their prices.The insta 360 is a great 360 camera. The software is easy to use. Those who are in the extreme sports adventure should go for Go Pro Fusion but again I am not into extreme adventure.

Previous