How to avoid FLASH ?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
gizerli

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How to avoid FLASH ?

by gizerli » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 am

Dear KOLOR-Team, dear fellow users,
as discussed 100 times before: FLASH has no future and a lot of users have blocked FLASH on their computers.

This leads me to THE question:
Is there a way to create a panoramic tour with PTPRO 2.xx that does in no way require Flash for playback web-wide ?

Is there a "HOW-TO"- guide anywhere or even a video-tutorial ?

Thanks for your time and effort to answer ! I highly appreciate.
Kind regards
gizerli

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Re: How to avoid FLASH ?

by marzipano » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:35 am

This problem only affects tours containing panoramas which are smaller than equirectangular (360x180)

360x180 panoramas will be displayed using html5 at full resolution which to all intents and purposed is identical to using Adobe Flashplayer

Smaller panoramas meed to adopt one of a number of workarounds to achieve full resolution otherwise the current krpano module embedded in PT/PTP will only generate the resolution of the cube faces which is considerably and noticeably lower. There are number of these workarounds none of which are particularly elegant or attractive but unless/until krpano is amended (I don't know how feasible/difficult this is ) one of these has to be adopted AFAIK

Follow the link below to see the discussion from a few weeks ago.

My personal favourite is to do the Registry mod which generates all PTP/PT panos in 360x180 format regardless of input size which then has to be cropped prior to display using PT/PTP cropping to remove the black areas at the top and sides if both dimensions are smaller. This removes the need to regenerate the original stitched jpg in 360x180 format and redo any post-production work which may have been done on the originals

(Be careful if altering the Registry using regedit and take a backup first !!)

If you come across other solutions I'm sure many people will be interested to hear

best
Martin

http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=36846

no avatar
gizerli

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by gizerli » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:12 am

Dear Martin, thanks !
My panos indeed meet the 360x180-criteria to the fullest so I do not need to resize or use any workaround.

Do I unserstand or interprete you correctly when I say:
PTPRO 2.xx does by default create/output a file/folder that can be displayed using HTML5, Flash can be blocked on the viewers device...it plays anyway.
?

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:45 am

gizerli wrote:Dear Martin, thanks !
My panos indeed meet the 360x180-criteria to the fullest so I do not need to resize or use any workaround.

Do I unserstand or interprete you correctly when I say:
PTPRO 2.xx does by default create/output a file/folder that can be displayed using HTML5, Flash can be blocked on the viewers device...it plays anyway.
?

Yes that's right - and these days many browsers block flash by default