Limit the panning speed   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
zil-imu

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Limit the panning speed

by zil-imu » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:19 am

Hi, How can I limit the panning speed, regardless of mouse sensitivity? Some people have commented that they spin too fast and get dizzy. Please help

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

Re: Limit the panning speed  [SOLVED]

by benji33 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:34 am

You can add this xml tag and properties/values needed into the YOURTOUR_core.xml generated file : http://krpano.com/docu/xml/#control
Benjamin

no avatar
rfcctba

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: Limit the panning speed

by rfcctba » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:09 am

Hi there,

I have search some the fields from the web link - http://krpano.com/docu/xml/#control
and could not find many of the fields in any one the files from the tour.

I would like to reduce the speed of the tour when the user drags the 360 picture around.

I have attached a picture showing my approach.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
kolorPaninigSpeed.JPG

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:32 am

Yes you have to add the xml tag to your built tour's xml.

benji33 wrote:You can add this xml tag and properties/values needed into the YOURTOUR_core.xml generated file : http://krpano.com/docu/xml/#control

no avatar
desert guy

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by desert guy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Thank you for this information, so happy to see this exists. I get this complaint often, the tours spin way to fast. My ideal would be to decrease the mouse sensitivity and cap how fast the tour can rotate at maximum. Really see no need for the ability for the tour to whip around at high RPM.

I see on that site listed above the parameters that I can play with but unfortunately coding is not my strong suit. I have opened the TOUR_core.xml file with notepad but am unsure where I should paste in the suggested code. Could someone help me with where I should put in the code? I have attached the .xml from my tour. Two of the variables I would like to try seem to be the following:

movetoaccelerate="0.5"
movetospeed="5.0"

Second question. Once I have adjusted it the way I like will it be overwritten if I rebuild the tour? If I use that tour as a preset would the .xml changes be added to new tours that use that preset? In short it would be great if I didn't have to edit the .xml file every time I rebuild or build a new tour.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.
Attachments
dixon_tour_core.xml
(25.35 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:06 pm

You need to put the variables in the <control> tag of the _core.xml file (search for "<control"). If you add it to the core xml then yes it'll be replaced each time you build the tour.

You could create an xml file with just the <control> tag and your settings, which you can add to the tour using the 3rd party plugin "Include an xml" (installation instructions at the top of the page). That way it'll automatically be added to your tour and won't be overwritten on each build. And since it's a plugin, you can reuse it as a preset (just make sure you leave the xml file somewhere it won't be moved, I'd recommend placing it in your Panotour User Directory folder).

So what you'd have in the xml file to include would be something like this (if I haven't made any mistakes):
Code: Select all
<krpano>
   <control movetoaccelerate="0.5"
          movetospeed="5.0"
   />
</krpano>

no avatar
desert guy

Info

by desert guy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Thank you for the help. I'm posting this for anyone else who might find this thread in the future (and is as inexperienced with editing .xml code as I am) . I downloaded the free XML notepad 2007 from microsoft. Opened the TOURNAME_core.xml file. From the attached screenshot you can see where I added the additional lines. To add a line navigate to where you would like to add and right click, then select insert. The line will be added below. Add the parameter on the area to the right. The values I added had the effect I was looking for.

I downloaded and installed the include xml plugin but cannot find documentation for how to use it. Do I alter the plugin_info.xml file or create a new, unique .xml document and reference that in the plugin_info.xml file? If so how or where would I find use documentation?

thanks
Attachments
Screenshot (26).png

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:24 am

desert guy wrote:I downloaded and installed the include xml plugin but cannot find documentation for how to use it. Do I alter the plugin_info.xml file or create a new, unique .xml document and reference that in the plugin_info.xml file? If so how or where would I find use documentation?
There is no documentation for any of the 3rd party plugins.
The plugin is very straightforward: add the plugin to your project in Panotour Pro, and use the file explorer to link it to the xml file on your computer (the xml with the code you want to use that I told you to create and store somewhere easy to find and where it won't be moved).

You don't alter anything.

no avatar
desert guy

Info

by desert guy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Thank you for the help, I got it working. It took me a little while (new to the program) to find where in panotour pro I needed to go to enable the plugin. For others: Once you install the plugin according to the instructions on the download page and restart panotour it will appear in the style tab on the upper right under the "advanced tab". This is the code I used (also see attached .xml file)

<krpano>
<control mouse="moveto" touch="drag" movetospeed="2.0" movetoaccelerate="0.5"/>
</krpano>

Thanks again for the assistance with this issue.
Attachments
xml_to_change_rotation.xml
(145 Bytes) Downloaded 49 times