No full little planet effect?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Michael H

Topic author
Liked in: 5 posts
Info

No full little planet effect?

by Michael H » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:54 am

Hi guys
I tried to have a little planet effect in the start of the video, but when I play the file (both on my computer and online on kolor eyes) it is not a full little planet but only like half of it? Is it not possible to 'zoom out' more? (and yes I have tried to zoom out as much as possible in autopano giga)

Cheers
Michael

no avatar
Michael H

Topic author
Info

Re: No full little planet effect?

by Michael H » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:51 pm

As seen in the screenshot, no full little planet. Would really need some help please

Screenshot 2015-11-25 19.48.44.png
screenshot

no avatar
Michael H

Topic author
Info

by Michael H » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:04 pm

anybody?

no avatar
Michael H

Topic author
Info

by Michael H » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:21 pm

I would love to have some help with this. I know that it would be best to be 1:1 projection but as the rest of the video will be 2:1 I cannot change it to 1:1. Any way to work around this?

martin.arnoux
Kolor Team

Liked in: 27 posts
Info

by martin.arnoux » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi Michael,

What are you trying to do? Mixing equirectangular and little planet projections in the same video? How are you going to playback such a video?

About the little planet projection, the "zoom out" in Kolor Eyes is going a bit further compared to AVP, but not that much.

AVP on the left, KE on the right.

KE_vs_AVP.jpg

Cheers,

Martin

no avatar
Michael H

Topic author
Info

by Michael H » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi Martin
Yes I am planning to have first a little planet effect which then fades into the normal video. You can see my first test run here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmCyntCHVQ
However, as you see in the video, it is not fully little planet. I tried to zoom out as much as possible in Autopano Giga but it did not let me (however if I play it on Kolor Eyes then I can easily play the file in a full little planet). So if I can change it in KE to little planet why not have the same option in AVP/Giga? I mean basically I would need to be able to zoom out more to achieve this?

Cheers
Michael

martin.arnoux wrote:Hi Michael,

What are you trying to do? Mixing equirectangular and little planet projections in the same video? How are you going to playback such a video?

About the little planet projection, the "zoom out" in Kolor Eyes is going a bit further compared to AVP, but not that much.

AVP on the left, KE on the right.

KE_vs_AVP.jpg

Cheers,

Martin

martin.arnoux
Kolor Team

Liked in: 27 posts
Info

by martin.arnoux » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi Michael,

You cannot do such a thing because a little planet is meant to be played in a standard video player. Whereas an equirectangular is meant to be played in 360 video player. And here you have the two projections into the same video file. So YouTube 360 is warping your little planet in a disturbing way.

What you can do is outputting a full 360 video and using KolorEyes Hosting + its iFrame API (https://github.com/KolorCompany/KolorEyesIframeAPI). With that you can force the projection changes over the time.

Cheers,

Martin

no avatar
Michael H

Topic author
Info

by Michael H » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi Martin
Thank you for the quick reply (any chance all my other threads can be answered as well? :) )
Good to know that this is the issue. I sadly cannot just rely on kolor eyes as my client wants to put it up on his facebook page and youtube channel. :(