Partial panoramic video (say 90 to 120 degrees)  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
bmartin

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Partial panoramic video (say 90 to 120 degrees)

by bmartin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of designing a custom rig to acquire 360 stereo videos (one 360 video for the left eye, one for the right eye). To validate the design (camera positioning, field of view, stitching in software, etc.), I only work with 2 cameras for now. These cameras are covering between 80 to 120 degrees depending on the configuration I'm using so they do not span 360 degrees yet.

My question is the following: How do I use Autopano Video to stitch my two videos WHILE restraining the result to a given field of view (say 90 deg for example). I would expect the rest of the stitch video to simply be black and not to stretch my two videos over the complete 360 degrees. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

no avatar
jesusrg

Info

Re: Partial panoramic video (say 90 to 120 degrees)

by jesusrg » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:28 pm

For that you can manually setup your cameras/lens in autopano giga. I do that for stereo 180º coverage and get the rest of the 360º black.
Best regards.
Jesus.

no avatar
Guernegor

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by Guernegor » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:14 am

Hi Jesus and bmartin,

Thanks both of you for the topic. That is interesting me at the most. Where do you set up the cameras/lens in APG? If I change the theta in the crop zone, it does crop in APG but does nothing in APV...

Thanks

no avatar
gisteam

Info

by gisteam » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:21 am

Guernegor wrote:Hi Jesus and bmartin,

Thanks both of you for the topic. That is interesting me at the most. Where do you set up the cameras/lens in APG? If I change the theta in the crop zone, it does crop in APG but does nothing in APV...

Thanks

Wow nice information