Support?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
sjespers

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Support?

by sjespers » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering... Where do I go to get support? I have a problem stitching a couple of videos and the forum doesn't seem to be helpful. We've now spent $700 on this and can't seem to find any support channel.

Serge

no avatar
crazy_rabbit

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

Re: Support?

by crazy_rabbit » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Well......

You can take a training course to learn how to use the software, if the tutorials aren't enough. There are no books yet, unfortunately. It is certainly not an automated process by any means yet. They should probably emphasis this more than they do- it takes quite a bit of know how to get a good 360 video....

That said, no, they won't help you make your video any more than Adobe will help you edit a video. So you are definitely on your own with that.

However this forum is quite active, so if you have a clearly described problem, I'm sure someone will be happy to help. So far though- you haven't communicated anything about what your problem is. Post your project and perhaps someone can help.
Co-Founder and Chief Creative Technology Officer
Vesmir.agency
http://www.vesmir.agency

no avatar
jesusrg

Info

by jesusrg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Hello Serge, i agree with crazy_rabbit, making good 360 video is not just buying a $700 software, it has a lot of R&D that you have to do, not just click a button and wait for magic, hopefullly here is a great community willing to help, so if you can explain better your problem we can help you, otherwise just buy a nokia ozio for 60.000U$S and problem solved.
Best regards.
Jesus.

no avatar
sjespers

Topic author
Info

by sjespers » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:30 pm

I appreciate both of your comments... But... I posted my problem on this very forum almost a month ago (viewtopic.php?f=47&t=29659) and still haven't found a solution. I get all too well that this is not a click-and-play solution but did expect at least some kind of support.

no avatar
jesusrg

Info

by jesusrg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:39 pm

As i can see the problem seems that the stitching software part do not know the lens you are using lefting your input with a small fov, what rig are you using? do you have the correct lens template or manual configuration? other thing i can thinkg of is that you have your input letterboxed with other soft before AV

no avatar
sjespers

Topic author
Info

by sjespers » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:46 pm

I created the template in Giga based on the exact same video files.
The output in APG is correct (See attachment. Don't mind the stitching issues for now).
When I use the exact same template in AVP the result is as shown in the previous thread.
Attachments
DJI_0000.jpg

no avatar
crazy_rabbit

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by crazy_rabbit » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:39 pm

from I see here, you don't have 360 degree coverage. Otherwise, the right side of the image would have curved back to land with some cliff view on it. What are you trying to get as an output? What was your original input? If this is all the footage you have, It can't be a 360 video.... it can only be a really wide video potentially, but it doesn't have enough coverage for full 360. What rig was it done with? And what cameras?
Co-Founder and Chief Creative Technology Officer
Vesmir.agency
http://www.vesmir.agency

no avatar
jesusrg

Info

by jesusrg » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:21 pm

Like crazy_rabbit said you have a small coverage, 2 or 3 cameras with small fov, so you can see them like that in giga but when you render the video autopanovideo fills the rest of the 360ºx180º with black. Then if you are OK with that coverage just zoom/crop in post production with after effects that part, and if you dont like the distortion you can use use mettle in after effects.
Best regards.
Jesus.

no avatar
sjespers

Topic author
Info

by sjespers » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:19 pm

I actually don't want 360 coverage. I'm making one giant horizontal panorama and thought Kolor would allow me to do that.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 134 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Hello,

I do not understand why you want to use AVP which is designed to stich 360° videos only?

Kind regards,
Olivier

no avatar
sjespers

Topic author
Info

by sjespers » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 pm

I was under the impression that AVP could do this too. Are you saying it can't?

no avatar
jesusrg

Info

by jesusrg » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Well, i allways use autopano video for 360, you can use it for just a part of that 360 but you will need to zoom/crop in postwork, just render that video 8k or something like that and zoom/crop it in after effects directly or with mettle if you dont want the equirectangular distortion.