Ellis Island Virtual Tour  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
Paul_Davidson

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Ellis Island Virtual Tour

by Paul_Davidson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:19 pm

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Ellis Island Virtual Tour

by bdd » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:32 pm

It's a really great tour of this historical site, I reallly like it.

RoJa

Liked in: 19 posts
Info

by RoJa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:47 pm

>> Please, they excuse the bad English language. The text has been translated by machine. <<

Hello, Paul, this is a great tour which you show here. You have applied many innovative technologies. My respect. If I can criticise here generally, only that you use Flash. Flash is not indicated in my browser softy. On the other hand I have been surprised as well you have retouched the nadir in your panoramas. In spite of that a tip of me. Use with the stamp or with the insertion of copied areas of your picture no transparency. Then one can see by the copied areas through. In other panorama copied elements recur - this looks not nice and damages the otherwise very good impression of your work. The best greetings from Germany, Ronald
Attachments
Unbenannt3.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG

no avatar
Paul_Davidson

Topic author
Info

by Paul_Davidson » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks for the review RoJa. I generated the build in both flash and HTML 5 so I am not sure what may be wrong there. I will look into it. As for the Nadir Patch, with over 60 panos, to patch it was difficult to spend a considerable amount of time on each one. The goal was to remove the distraction of the tripod not to necessarily accurately reproduce the floor pattern. From the analytics we see that our users are spending 30 seconds or less on each pano location. If you have efficient techniques in the field or in the office to patch the nadir I would love to know them.

RoJa

Info

by RoJa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Hello, Paul. I make this with the retouching of the nadir like in this article described.

http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... y_painting

I take the photo for the nadir without tripod. I export all pictures from LR5 in the format TIFF. The treatment in photo shop goes quite fast. APG joins the pictures then nearly without mistake.
Here an example to the pictures which you can see below.

http://usedom.sittsoft.com/

I also know of course that the visitors of a panorama look only quite briefly at the nadir picture. However, they also look all the other areas of the panorama only relatively briefly to look then at another area.

I would like to say it here once again quite clearly: You have performed great work. Everybody provides of the panorama, knows how difficult the nadir is and looks there as the first.

When I have provided my panoramas still in Flash and HTML5, only the variation Flash was always indicated in the browser. Only when I spend only HTML5, the panoramas run softy in all browsers.

Greetings, Ronald
Attachments
Unbenannt4.JPG
Unbenannt3.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG

no avatar
Paul_Davidson

Topic author
Info

by Paul_Davidson » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Excellent, this will be my workflow in the future. Last question though, there is no downside to building a panotour without Flash?

Thank you for the help.

RoJa

Info

by RoJa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Hello, Paul. However, there are disadvantages if you want to provide a tour without Flash. Some of the add-ons work only with Flash. The Video-Plug-Inn (http://tmk.sittsoft.com/) works, for example, only with Flash. You must try out this and decide whether the Plug-Inn is really important. For the rest, I have found out that with the Edge browser a tour with Flash works a little better than with the Firefox browser. But only a little bit...
Best regards from Germany
Ronald

P.S.: from which country / town do you come, actually?