Difficulty creating a 360º pano in Autopano Pro 4   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jamesashberryindigo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Difficulty creating a 360º pano in Autopano Pro 4

by jamesashberryindigo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi all,

I am new to Autopano Pro and have very much been thrown in at the deepend.

I've managed to stitch a client's photographs together, but when I render it, it is 1 long image that stops at either end.

I can't work out how to stitch/render so that it is 360º pano in either Autopano Pro or Panotour 2.3.

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks

James

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Difficulty creating a 360º pano in Autopano Pro 4

by mediavets » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:01 pm

jamesashberryindigo wrote:Hi all,

I am new to Autopano Pro and have very much been thrown in at the deepend.

I've managed to stitch a client's photographs together, but when I render it, it is 1 long image that stops at either end.

I can't work out how to stitch/render so that it is 360º pano in either Autopano Pro or Panotour 2.3.

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks

James

Welcome to the forum....

You can upload attachements (images) with your posts to illustrate your problems if you wish.

If you have images that cover the entire 360 degrees horizontally, then you can enter the rendered pano images into Panotour and create a virtual tour that will display the pano 'in the round' when placed online.

If you wish to share an image set via a service such as Dropbox I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Andrew

no avatar
jamesashberryindigo

Topic author
Info

by jamesashberryindigo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:36 am

HI,

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the reply.

Attached is the image, it's uncropped though.

When I created a tour in Panotour, the two ends didn't link up. However, if I put just the two end images in Autopano and attempt to create a pano, it stitches them, so the data points are there for the join.

Thanks for any help.

James
Attachments
[Group 4]-Untitled-1_IMG_8449-25 images.jpg

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

by Panoram1x » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:17 am

Hi,

You can try the setting "full sphere" in crop tool, or in options before launch detection.

Cheers

Jordi

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:54 am

It looks as though there is some (a little though) overlap between the extreme left and right edges of your sample so it should work OK.

In the Control Point editor just select the first and last images corresponding to the edges and check there are some control points and if not select the overlap areas and put them in. Can'r see why it wouldn't then work OK

best
Martin

no avatar
jamesashberryindigo

Topic author
Info

by jamesashberryindigo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:28 am

Hi guys

Sorry to sound thick - like I said I'm completely new to this software (and indeed the concept of pano).

I've checked the images in Autopano Pro and there's 196 control points for the two end images. I've run another detection between just these two images and they linked together even on the basic settings.

I can't see "full sphere" in the crop, it doesn't appear in the crop tool in version 4 of APP.

I exported the images as a JPEG out of APP and imported into PT, and it says the following:

Project: New Project
0 group(s)
1 panorama(s)
1 partial spherical panorama(s)
0 spot(s)
0 link(s)
0 link on panoramas or groups

So even with "Output projection" set to full sphere, I just get a long cylindrical image that doesn't stitch up for 360º.

Any ideas?

Ta

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

by Panoram1x » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi James,

A flat image on a screen will always have a beginning and an end. To achieve the effect of 360 that image must have the right and left edges match. That makes Autopano when it reaches the limit of 360 and this is the firs step to create a 360º virtual tour.
Then when you import the image in Panotour is this which joins those edges with no visible seams (second step).

If Autopano not detect that the image reaches 360º you have two ways to force this:

1. Before detection

Before.jpg

2. While editing

CropTool.jpg

Anyway there is something that could not not be quite right. If Autopano had detected links between the last and the first image (And among all others) then should have interpreted the result as 360. If not, you should check whether your lens focal matches that calculated by Autopano.

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Are you doing any post-processing after it has come out of Autopano Pro and before input to Panotour

I have had panos that lost their 360 rotation occasionally and behave like yours if you carry out editing. In particular using a "straighten" function has this effect

Other than that I can't think of a reason why it doesn't work, If you put the images on a dropbox share with a link on here I'm sure someone will quickly sort it out

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 pm

James

Can you post a screenshot, like the one below, so we can see what APG 'thinks' the FOV of the stitched pano is:
Attachments
1-apg4x-fov.jpg

no avatar
jamesashberryindigo

Topic author
Info

Re: Difficulty creating a 360º pano in Autopano Pro 4  [SOLVED]

by jamesashberryindigo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi guys, thanks for all your help. I discovered the issue - which was the client's source files. 2 sets of the photos were so out of alignment that Autopano could detect them individually, but if you tried to do a full pano, it simply couldn't match it up. So I merged the troublesome files in Photoshop, which I realise is a bit of a hack, but then removed the 2 troublesome photos and added my 1 merged Photoshop file and hey presto, it produced a full 360º pano. All sorted. Thanks very much guys!