LILY  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
zhiker

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

LILY

by zhiker » Wed May 13, 2015 10:39 pm

To Destiny:
Before you goto far astray with any purchase, check out LILY,
Or are you the young lady in the kayak?
Here is the youtube video link and website link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLxGFLpOl0
Web Link is https://www.lily.camera/
FYI: Cost $499 US and is waterproof also. GOPRO is falling behind, again..
Thanks for allowing me to add my 2 cents in.
zhiker.......

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: LILY

by Destiny » Thu May 14, 2015 6:43 am

Hi zhiker.

I spit your post since it was unrelated to the topic...

Destiny...

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu May 14, 2015 6:54 am

Hi zhiker.....

I really love this new LILY, and I would expect many thousands of action junkies will also love it, it looks amazing!!.. If they cost $500, with all those features its really great value too, very affordable.. I would really love to test one out, in fact I want one NOW!.. To me, unless GoPro begins to step out side of the box, they will loose direction.. They have a unique opportunity to do great things since they are money rich so have the resources to develop the next new GoPro range.. Real shame if they wast that opportunity... Already new innovations like Garmin and LILY and others are coming into the action media market to directly challenge GoPro..

I do not know what 'kayak" mean..

Destiny..

zhiker wrote:To Destiny:
Before you goto far astray with any purchase, check out LILY,
Or are you the young lady in the kayak?
Here is the youtube video link and website link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLxGFLpOl0
Web Link is https://www.lily.camera/
FYI: Cost $499 US and is waterproof also. GOPRO is falling behind, again..
Thanks for allowing me to add my 2 cents in.
zhiker.......

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu May 14, 2015 8:04 am

We can't stop looking at that LILY.. We think was would be a great idea, would be to be about to walk with the LILY inside a home and the LILY remembers where you have been and for how long, along hall ways, inside rooms, upstairs etc, and the LILY can then be let loos to follow what same path and rerun home.. A really great way of capturing a video walk through..

I can see the GoPro obsolete already.. What an amazing little device.. There are some very smart people with great ideas out there..

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu May 14, 2015 10:03 am

This price Tab does not display correctly on my Tablet.. At $999, it will sell thousands, but at $500, it will sell millions.. I would buy one but I need a new iMac first.. Perhaps I will get V2.. =D

Destiny...
Attachments
lilyprice.jpg
lilyprice.jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 5224 times

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu May 14, 2015 8:29 pm

beautiful device... but 900$ is no bargain. 500 maybe.
http://www.flyzano.com/
I did back the Kickstarter zano, they today did mail me for delivery address. so this zano should be available to buy in July. not so beautiful in design. but smarter. and smaller: 10x10cm small HD cam onboard too. followme an obstacle avoidance inclusive all in all 330 AUD... you can swarm use more than one drone, they do cummunicate between each other to communicate obstacles, distances etc. yes you Need an ios or Android device to place the drone in sky where you want.. but than it autonomously is following you too. many Videos inclusive first worldwide indoor drone Tennis Video can be found on YouTube searching for zano..

Zano is only 59gramms so under the worldwide 60gramm regulatory. you can use it whereever you want, in cities, in Trains, whereever worldwide no law worldwide does forbid you the usage of this drone!

Georg

PS: drawback of Lily: nonchangeable battery. so 20min flight and than 2 hours charching. (for my zano I'll buy 2 more batteries a 10€ and I can fly 60 minutes in sum outdoor...)

EDIT: if you wanna go prosumer Image Quality with 4k (like gopro) with Focus on drone & Video than you also should consider the solo drone from 3drobotics: http://3drobotics.com/
yes more expensive: 990$ the drone 300 the 3d gimbal 400 the gopro. But they did colaborate with gopro, the gopro is 100% powered by the drones accu, and also all Video Settings from gopro can be live changed during flight (whitebalance etc.) the solo is the first drone with 2 individual flight Controllers on the drone, is one failing the other is taking over, the remote Controller does contain another Computer, which does log more than 500 parameeters every second. 3drobotics does guarantee you to pay for a new drone, the damage a failing drone will cause and will replace your camera for free if the accident was not caused by the pilots error but by technical failing of the drone.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 am

I did write an email to LILY support but they failed to respond.. I guess if I was to buy a LILY, could expect that same world class support or the lack of it.. oh hum!!! :rolleyes:

Destiny..

no avatar
Guilhem

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by Guilhem » Tue May 19, 2015 11:46 am

gkaefer wrote:EDIT: if you wanna go prosumer Image Quality with 4k (like gopro) with Focus on drone & Video than you also should consider the solo drone from 3drobotics: http://3drobotics.com/
yes more expensive: 990$ the drone 300 the 3d gimbal 400 the gopro. But they did colaborate with gopro, the gopro is 100% powered by the drones accu, and also all Video Settings from gopro can be live changed during flight (whitebalance etc.) the solo is the first drone with 2 individual flight Controllers on the drone, is one failing the other is taking over, the remote Controller does contain another Computer, which does log more than 500 parameeters every second. 3drobotics does guarantee you to pay for a new drone, the damage a failing drone will cause and will replace your camera for free if the accident was not caused by the pilots error but by technical failing of the drone.

You (and other pre-reviews) convince me, I will give it a try =D

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue May 19, 2015 9:36 pm

I have tried to get onto that 3D robotics website but it never opens...

Destiny..
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue May 19, 2015 9:44 pm

Destiny wrote:I have tried to get onto that 3D robotics website but it never opens...

Destiny..

Works for me with Firefox on Windows 7.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue May 19, 2015 9:47 pm

mediavets wrote:
Destiny wrote:I have tried to get onto that 3D robotics website but it never opens...

Destiny..

Works for me with Firefox on Windows 7.

Works for mee too on MacPro/Mavericks Safari and Firefox.

Klaus

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue May 19, 2015 9:53 pm

even works for me on stock yosemite Safari with only 16mb grafics Card ....

Georg
Attachments
yosemite.png

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue May 19, 2015 10:09 pm

Well there you go.. It now works.. Must have been a glitch..

That Copter was on TV the other day at some kind of show in Sydney I think.. It seemed to be amazing.. Fully upgradable.... Some kid of computer aboard.... I can now read more about it.... =D

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue May 19, 2015 10:27 pm

But what a ridiculously pretentious video on the hone page with its reference to 2001 a space odyssey.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue May 19, 2015 10:49 pm

To be honest, I thought the video was too long and boring with no real action .. Now I cannot open that page again... It either just hangs or has issues..

Destiny..