Displaying Images in Panotour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Boley

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Displaying Images in Panotour

by Boley » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:20 am

Could someone tell me if it's possible to have just an image at the end of a tour and stop at the image when set to Autotour. I have set the image to planar projection but in Autotour it just skips the image and returns to the beginning to start the tour again. If I place the image at the start of the tour it displays it briefly and then moves onto the next panorama and continues the tour - but I require the image at the end of the tour. I suppose it would be something like a splash screen but at the end where you can select the period of time it stays on that image or perhaps even stops at the image.

Thanks, Robert

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

Re: Displaying Images in Panotour

by benji33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:56 am

This option doesn't exist yet.

You also found a bug which will should be patched with the Panotour 2.3 beta1 version when using sphere + planar panorama. The planar panorama with autotour is skipped too quickly.
With beta1 the planar panorama is visible during 10sec.

You have to modify the xml code to stop on the last panorama.
So have a look on the panorama ID into panotour of the latest planar panorama
Capture.PNG

And change the code of the autotourtimer action of the YOURTOUR_core.xml file (into YOURTOURdata directory) by this one and replace PANO_ID by the real panorama ID :
Code: Select all
<action name="autotourtimer">
  if (tour_autotourenabled,
    if (tour_autorotateenabled,
      if(xml.scene != "PANO_ID",
        if (autorotate.enabled,loadNextScene(););
        stopautotour();
      );
    );
  );
</action>
Benjamin

no avatar
Boley

Topic author
Info

by Boley » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:06 am

Hi Benjamin thanks for the response, I wish the Autopano team was as responsive.

The Beta version and code changes enable me to do exactly what I need. Without the code change it only remains on the image for 5 secs and not 10 as you suggested (is there any way to change this time in the code?). It would be great if there was a function for the user to change this time and an option to remain on the image as was done with the code change.

Regarding the code change; as soon as I build the tour I loose the code changes made above. This is a problem every time I want to export FTP to my website server or if I make other changes and need to rebuild the tour. Would I need to go to the server and make the changes there? Is there any way you can protect this part of the code from being changed every time you build the tour.

Thanks, Robert

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:57 am

Hi Robert it's not possible to keep a change made on the generated files.

For plugins/spots/transitions/actions/html template modifications you can create your own copy of the items with your modifications.
But it's not possible for internal code.

If the delay is too short have a look on the resetautotourvariables action into the YOURTOUR_core.xml file to change the autotourdelay value in seconds :
Code: Select all
<action name="resetautotourvariables">
    stopautotourtimer();
    if (scene[get(xml.scene)].planar,
      set(autotourdelay, 10);
</action>
Benjamin

no avatar
Boley

Topic author
Info

by Boley » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks Benjamin, that's a pity. Do you think that function can be incorporated in future versions I think it would be handy to have that option.

Regards, Robert