Panotour changes the name of the pano  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Morgan

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour changes the name of the pano

by Morgan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:47 am

Hello Kolor team,

I have a project opened with many panoramas on it. I removed the name of 2 panoramas (not forbidden as far as I know). Each time I reopen the project the default file name is put back in the pano's name.

It's annoying as each time I need to remove it to avoid a wrong build, so could you please tell me if it's possible to have no name for a pano?

Thanks.

PS: no answer to my previous message regarding your unsteady software after more than 1 year of debug....?

Configuration:
Windows 8 64 bits.
Panotour pro 2.2.0

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Panotour changes the name of the pano

by mediavets » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:58 am

Morgan wrote:Hello Kolor team,

I have a project opened with many panoramas on it. I removed the name of 2 panoramas (not forbidden as far as I know). Each time I reopen the project the default file name is put back in the pano's name.

It's annoying as each time I need to remove it to avoid a wrong build, so could you please tell me if it's possible to have no name for a pano?

Thanks.

PS: no answer to my previous message regarding your unsteady software after more than 1 year of debug....?

Configuration:
Windows 8 64 bits.
Panotour pro 2.2.0

Why do you want/need to have no name for a pano?

no avatar
Morgan

Topic author
Info

by Morgan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:01 am

Is it forbidden?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:16 am

Morgan wrote:Is it forbidden?

It appears so.

But it seems that you can get much the same effect by using single space as the name.

no avatar
Morgan

Topic author
Info

by Morgan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:21 am

I did it already and I know it works but we are now at almost the end of 2014 so I would expect a software like that to be a little bit more stable. This forum is full of people who experience bugs that shouldn't not happened after so long time. We are not in v3 but still v2 and I still cannot edit a name in a text field without seeing my cursor going to the end of line each time I insert a character. It seems kolor team recreate all the basic librairy of windows... :-(

There are really too many bugs that make this software really touchy to use for production.
My recent project was totally messed up in one second after more than 8 hours of job on it. And I have to restart from scratch as I don't want to debug endlessly the xml file.

The problem is we pay for that software and it's now for months not in beta version.

I don't have this problem with Autopano for example but I heard it's a different team...

Regards.