Notifications - third party plugin - crashing ...  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
Alexpopov

Re: Notifications - third party plugin - crashing ...

by Alexpopov » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 am

Alexander, on updating from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 I had to delete all previously created notifications and start again otherwise it crashed on build.

Hi.
That happens with the project that saved in 1.1.3 and then build or when you build the project that was saved in 1.1.2 ?
I made some changes in 1.1.3 you can download the modified demo and try again.

--
It seems this can happen because of since 1.1.3 version i use different plugin id.
The 1.1.4 version will be adapted for PTP 2.2, with another file ordering. In that case you may need to add again the instances that were used with 1.1.3 version.
But i believe that future modifications will not affect the build.
--

Regards, Alexander.

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Alexpopov wrote:
It seems this can happen because of since 1.1.3 version i use different plugin id.
The 1.1.4 version will be adapted for PTP 2.2, with another file ordering. In that case you may need to add again the instances that were used with 1.1.3 version.
But i believe that future modifications will not affect the build.

Regards, Alexander.

I have some specific questions as I am in the middle of a project and need to know if version 1.1.4 will be available in time for me to meet my deadline or if I should proceed without it, as using 1.1.3 would not be acceptable if all instances have to be added again as there would be too many.

Is there a limit on the number of instances, I may need to have between 50-100?
Will version 1.1.4 work with PTP 2.1.3?
When will version 1.1.4 be available?
Will there be any new features in version 1.1.4, like a tooltip for when an image file is used to make a button out of a notification?

Thanks, Brian

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Since PTP 2.2 brings possibility for better files ordering, i think the 1.1.4 may have some issues with 1.1.3 instances. Also new version has another approach to actions.
Is there a limit on the number of instances, I may need to have between 50-100?

There is no limit, although many instances may lower performance, depends on settings, i did not test with more than 20 instances with standart settings.
Will version 1.1.4 work with PTP 2.1.3?
When will version 1.1.4 be available?

1.1.4 will work only with PTP 2.2 or higher.
I'm planning to release 18 jul
Will there be any new features in version 1.1.4, like a tooltip for when an image file is used to make a button out of a notification?

There will be a new feature but it is related to hotspots.
Currently tooltip feature is not implemented. But as you use custom image as button there is a little fix: handcursor over image if it has any action.

Regards,
Alexander.

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:36 am

Hi,
Released Notifications 1.1.4

Let me know if you experience any issue with the plugin.
See release notes here

Regards,
Alexander.

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Alexander,

I have just tested 1.1.4 with PTP 2.2.0 RC1 and all seems OK so far. For those using an earlier version it is worth noting that the plugin installation conditions have changed, see documentation.

Is it possible in the near future that you can add the feature of a tooltip for a custom image when that display option is selected?

Thanks,

Brian

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:06 pm

For those using an earlier version it is worth noting that the plugin installation conditions have changed, see documentation

Added below the download button, thanks.

Alexander

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:30 pm

Is it possible in the near future that you can add the feature of a tooltip for a custom image when that display option is selected?

I'll try to implement this for v1.1.5

Alexander

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:54 pm

BrianLR wrote:Alexander,

I have just tested 1.1.4 with PTP 2.2.0 RC1 and all seems OK so far.

I created 9 notifications yesterday and built them into the tour, I have backups of all of that. This morning when I rebuild the tour it crashes on most builds with the Notifications in. I have tested various combinations and cannot see why this is happening. Also the demo banner is not appearing and was not yesterday.

I am wondering if what I am trying to do is possible or not, I am trying to create a clickable button in individual panos using a Notification with a custom image as a button and making that clickable to show local galleries and videos. Yesterday I used the display condition No Interaction on all notifications which worked then, today I tried changing that display condition to on pano/tour start but that does not seem to work at all with the existing notifications.
Last edited by BrianLR on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi,
I am wondering if what I am trying to do is possible or not
Yes this is possible.

I found that Elementlist inside groups of the PTP plugin API works not well after saving and reopen project. This can be fixed.
For now try this: open your project and in all instances make all fields "Specify Pano ID to show notification" empty and rebuild. If the build is OK save the project then close and reopen it. Put your data in the fields "Specify Pano ID to show notification" and rebuild.
I'm already fixing this problem, unfortunately this is not documented from Kolor.

Let me know how its going.
Alexander.

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Alexpopov wrote:Hi,
I am wondering if what I am trying to do is possible or not
Yes this is possible.

I found that Elementlist inside groups of the PTP plugin API works not well after saving and reopen project. This can be fixed.
For now try this: open your project and in all instances make all fields "Specify Pano ID to show notification" empty and rebuild. If the build is OK save the project then close and reopen it. Put your data in the fields "Specify Pano ID to show notification" and rebuild.
I'm already fixing this problem, unfortunately this is not documented from Kolor.

Let me know how its going.
Alexander.

I tried removing the pano IDs but it still crashed on build. As I have a lot more Notification buttons I would like to add, I think it would it be better to wait until you post an update, unless you have any other tests you would like me to run?

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi,
Notifications 1.1.5 released.
Release notes

Regards,
Alexander

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:29 am

Notifications 1.1.5 released.
Release notes

Regards,
Alexander

Awesome, all working well and pano specific all purpose buttons with tooltips are now a reality!

Thanks.

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:49 pm

I have had some problems with PTP 2.2 RC1 as I add more and more instances of the Notification plugin ( currently 50), although the problem is one of the stability and performance of PTP, I think the Notification plugin may be stressing PTP or possibly causing some errors... see the Topic PTP 2.2 RC1 Load and Exit speeds http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23109

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi,

What settings do you use for Notifications plugin? Did you test project without Notification instances?

The Notification plugin is constructed so, that it not creates all instances for all project at start, but creates appropriate instance when it needs.
This is done to reduce the load on the tour.

Alexander.

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:33 pm

What settings do you use for Notifications plugin? Did you test project without Notification instances?

The Notification plugin is constructed so, that it not creates all instances for all project at start, but creates appropriate instance when it needs.
This is done to reduce the load on the tour.

Alexander.

Hi Alexander,

I started with a project with 50 sphericals (13000, x 6500) and 7 planer plans and 30 Image galleries and about 13 standard PTP plugins and all was working well. I then started adding the Notification Plugin to create a clickable button in individual panos using a Notification with a custom image as a button and making that clickable, with Display Condition set at No Interaction (show once unchecked), to show when clicked in a pano the local image galleries and web videos. The Windows 64bit version of PTP 2.2 RC1 started showing signs of slowing down on loads and exits at 20 and by 30+ instances slowed greatly and started crashing and then gave up. I also added other hotspots and edits along the way. I have 50+ Notification instances in the Mac version with no problems other than an issue with builds not always creating the toolbar.

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:49 pm

The Windows 64bit version of PTP 2.2 RC1 started showing signs of slowing down on loads and exits
Ah, you mean slowing with PTP Interface. I thought about the slowing down of the exported tour ) .
In this case perhaps you need to wait for final release of PTP, there will be some internal improvements for custom plugins and I'll also release Notifications - 1.1.6 with a minor improvement.

Alexander.

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Alexpopov wrote:
The Windows 64bit version of PTP 2.2 RC1 started showing signs of slowing down on loads and exits
Ah, you mean slowing with PTP Interface. I thought about the slowing down of the exported tour ) .
In this case perhaps you need to wait for final release of PTP, there will be some internal improvements for custom plugins and I'll also release Notifications - 1.1.6 with a minor improvement.

Alexander.

Good to hear "there will be some internal improvements for custom plugins and I'll also release Notifications - 1.1.6 with a minor improvement."

I hope they arrive soon!!

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:59 am

Update - I have been using the Notifications plugin successfully for week now and have nearly 80 instances. Hit a bump with some load errors on the web site but Alex has modified the code to get rid of those and will release thus with 1.1.7 . So all OK running on Apple Mac, although still a problem loading this project on Windows 7 and have logged that bug as another post. Would like to hear from anyone using a significant number of Notifications on Windows.

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi,
Update available - Notifications 1.1.7
Improved: usage of the “Custom image” option, with tooltip, in a big project with multiple instances.

Alexander.

no avatar
AlaskaDave

by AlaskaDave » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Just started using the notification plug-in and it certainly has potential. I am having an issue when choosing to Specify a device. When I switch to specify and select mobile or iOS...etc Panotour Pro. V. 2.2.0 crashes upon build. I have never installed this plug-in before, and I'm using 1.1.7.

The issue persist. I'm running Panotour Pro on a Mac. I've read the thread and I don't see others having the issue. Suggestions anyone...

no avatar
AlaskaDave

by AlaskaDave » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:28 pm

I also noticed what seems to be a bug when using the notification plug-in for a pano specific button. I applied it to the Auke Lake Pano at: http://www.uas.alaska.edu/tours/index-test.html#tab3

I have two questions pertaining to its use in this instance:

1. I don't see is how to hide it when one chooses to hide controls.

2. When you go full screen the button/icon disappears but is still selectable.

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your interest in the plugin.
Currently I cannot make any tests , I am on vacation :). I'll look through it in the next month.
Please post here if you have new info in using the plugin.

Alexander.

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:05 pm

When I switch to specify and select mobile or iOS...etc Panotour Pro. V. 2.2.0 crashes upon build

I made some tests and no crashes, does it still happen?

1. I don't see is how to hide it when one chooses to hide controls.

Currently this is not possible.

When you go full screen the button/icon disappears but is still selectable.

I see it happens in your tour with icon but text notification is OK.
I cannot reproduce this in PTP...
Can you post a screenshot of your settings for "trail conditions" in the "Auke Lake Dock"?

Alexander.

no avatar
AlaskaDave

by AlaskaDave » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 am

Thanks for the response. I'm still getting crashing when anything is selected from the device drop-down menu other than everything. I've uploaded a video of my settings and crash behavior to: http://youtu.be/ZCewnwiwZkc

no avatar
Alexpopov

by Alexpopov » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 pm

I've uploaded a video of my settings and crash behavior to: http://youtu.be/ZCewnwiwZkc
Hi,
in the video your settings are correct. (just remove redundant second action that is not defined in the "Trigger actions on click").
But I did not see PTP crashing, it must show the window with report. I saw that after the second build you have some image files are missing in the tour, please set "Generate all panoramas exept those ..." instead "Default" in the Build tab > Tiles section.
Also be sure to click on (not just check the checkbox) the "First condition" or "Second condition" etc, before select the device for them.

Let me know.
Alex

PreviousNext

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion