Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Spain
Hi, anyone knows some app or web to calculate the rows and shots to full 360x180 with the differents lenses and cameras?

I have found a interesting app name Pano Asist http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pano-assist/id532997023?mt=8

With this app you can:

Calculate the rotation (yaw and pitch) needed for a certain overlapping.
Calculate the overlapping for a certain rotation.
Intuitive Depth of Field calculator
Have an organized Database with all your lenses and their Non-Parallax Points.
Have a colorful flash screen to help you see your panorama sets when working on the computer.

But i have talked with autor and say me in next updates will include a calculator for full 360 x 180.

It is for IOS only.

Thanks

_________________
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon FE 8-15 mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 14039
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
This Python script/prgram will calculate shooting co-ordinates for spherical panos.

It's designed for use with Papywizard but you may find it useful:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/t8100-papyspheric-a-python-program-to-build-templates-for-panospheres?id=8100

This database provide shooting patterns for some cameras and commonly used lenses:

http://www.vrwave.com/panoramic-lens-database/

_________________
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:53 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Spain
mediavets wrote:
This Python script/prgram will calculate shooting co-ordinates for spherical panos.

It's designed for use with Papywizard but you may find it useful:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/t8100-papyspheric-a-python-program-to-build-templates-for-panospheres?id=8100

This database provide shooting patterns for some cameras and commonly used lenses:

http://www.vrwave.com/panoramic-lens-database/

Thank you Andrew, the database is good, the pyton...not for me...too dirty code for my head :rolleyes:, and i am trying to escape windows OS.

I have found some webs:

http://www.hdrlabs.com/tools/panocalc.html

http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/calc.htm

http://www.frankvanderpol.nl/fov_pan_calc.htm

_________________
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon FE 8-15 mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 14039
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Python is not restricted to the Windows OS.

Do any of those other tools adjust (reduce) the number of images per row as you approach the zenith and nadir?

_________________
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
mediavets wrote:
Python is not restricted to the Windows OS.

Do any of those other tools adjust (reduce) the number of images per row as you approach the zenith and nadir?

I can have Panoneed run to generate an xml file for him. Just have to know the focallength and sensorsize. But the T&C handheld on Merlin can do it also.

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Last edited by klausesser on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:29 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
angutir wrote:
mediavets wrote:
This Python script/prgram will calculate shooting co-ordinates for spherical panos.

It's designed for use with Papywizard but you may find it useful:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/t8100-papyspheric-a-python-program-to-build-templates-for-panospheres?id=8100

This database provide shooting patterns for some cameras and commonly used lenses:

http://www.vrwave.com/panoramic-lens-database/

Thank you Andrew, the database is good, the pyton...not for me...too dirty code for my head :rolleyes:, and i am trying to escape windows OS.

I have found some webs:

http://www.hdrlabs.com/tools/panocalc.html

http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/calc.htm

http://www.frankvanderpol.nl/fov_pan_calc.htm

Is the 600D and 15mm FE the combination you use? The 600d has a 1,6 crop (DX) sensor - the Canon 15mm FE is a FE on fullframe (FX)

So that´s a combination which wouldn´t work easily.

best, Klaus

Just remembered: a collegue recentlyused a Canon 15mm FE on an old 10D. He had extreme difficulties to get it stitched properly.
The un-distortion routines didn´t get it.

I nevertheless can run this combination to generate an xml for you - but i´m not sure it would work fine, because the lens-model
in APG assumes a matching sensor-coeff i guess.

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Last edited by klausesser on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:02 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Spain
klausesser wrote:
Is the 600D and 15mm FE the combination you use? The 600d has a 1,6 crop (DX) sensor - the Canon 15mm FE is a FE on fullframe (FX)

So that´s a combination which wouldn´t work easily.

best, Klaus

Just remembered: a collegue recentlyused a Canon 15mm FE on an old 10D. He had extreme difficulties to get it stitched properly.
The un-distortion routines didn´t get it.

I nevertheless can run this combination to generate an xml for you - but i´m not sure it would work fine, because the lens-model
in APG assumes a matching sensor-coeff i guess.

Yes, you can apply a correct crop for the sensor. And for me works fine. Even my last tour i had a silly mistake...just i changed the camera from 450D to 600D but not change the nodal point in the pano head (i am a rookie), I was lucky because there were only 5 mm in the x-axis. Some photoshop corrects and the result:
http://www.villaamaranta.es/wp-content/uploads/trayecto-virtual/villaamaranta-tour-virtual.html

Need 8-9 shots per row with 1,6 crop

But just yesterday i sold my canon 15 mm, because i am waiting for a mark III + canon 8-15 :P

I have seen you have a lot of experience, you don't use a fisheye to make tours?

_________________
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon FE 8-15 mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:06 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
angutir wrote:
Yes, you can apply a correct crop for the sensor. And for me works fine.

I would have guessed that the lensdistortion-model wouldn´t fit because it didn´t for my collegue. Good to know it seems to work.

angutir wrote:
I have seen you have a lot of experience, you don't use a fisheye to make tours?

I use a Canon 15mm FE on a 5D2 for average panos, but 35mm and 85mm Nikon lenses for the actual projects.

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Spain
klausesser wrote:
I use a Canon 15mm FE on a 5D2 for average panos, but 35mm and 85mm Nikon lenses for the actual projects.

best, Klaus

I guess your actual projects it is not a full sphere? because it is too many shots...or maybe need a very high quality in zoom...

Do you use a diagonal shoot? i have read that way you can make a full sphere with 4 shoots with FF and the 15 mm, i never try it and can't figure to stitch this images, it is easy?

Thank you, Antonio

_________________
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon FE 8-15 mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Spain
klausesser wrote:
I would have guessed that the lensdistortion-model wouldn´t fit because it didn´t for my collegue. Good to know it seems to work.

Maybe because Autopano don't match correctly the cà¡mera model or lense and apply a mistake factor by default, with 1,6 crop you must say to autopano that it is a 24 mm fisheye lense not 15 mm. There is because the exif data missing or camera model not in data base.

_________________
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon FE 8-15 mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
angutir wrote:
klausesser wrote:
I use a Canon 15mm FE on a 5D2 for average panos, but 35mm and 85mm Nikon lenses for the actual projects.

best, Klaus

I guess your actual projects it is not a full sphere? because it is too many shots...or maybe need a very high quality in zoom...

Do you use a diagonal shoot? i have read that way you can make a full sphere with 4 shoots with FF and the 15 mm, i never try it and can't figure to stitch this images, it is easy?

Thank you, Antonio

Hi Antonio!

I always shoot spheres. I don´t use 4 shots - i use 5+1 shots @20% overlap as a minimum for a full sphere. 6+1 shots @25%. They provide 112MPx.

For shooting a sphere with fewer shots it takes an 8mm circular FE on fullframe or a 6mm on DX. But you get less resolution of course - and you don´t save enough time to justify this loss . . :cool:

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:40 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Campos do Jordao - Brasil
Why this link don't work?

t8100-papyspheric-a-python-program-to-build-templates-for-panospheres?id=8100


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:55 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 14039
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
pu2wxp wrote:

Because it was posted before kolor changed the forum software and broke lots of stuff on earlier posts.

Here's an online version:

http://exposedbykevin.com/PapySpheric/papyspheric.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:21 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:50 pm
Posts: 74
Location: Vicenza (Italy)
Here is the old script posted on this forum.... works great too

http://www.photosbykev.com/panoramas/pr ... 0x180.html

;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group