Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:27 pm 

immersiva.it wrote:
"explained automated stich" .. You mean for "inhomogeneous" pano shots? If it's possible could be very cool

What i meant is: given you always use the same line-up of camera, lens, head - you work out a pano
correctly, make a template or produce an xml and use this template resp. xml for stitching all othe shoots you did with this
rig (preferably do not unmount anything in between).

This way you don´t need to care about anything but use the batch process for stitching all shoots "automatically".

For curiosity i tested it - and it worked ok.

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:38 pm 

klausesser wrote:
immersiva.it wrote:
"explained automated stich" .. You mean for "inhomogeneous" pano shots? If it's possible could be very cool

What i meant is: given you always use the same line-up of camera, lens, head - you work out a pano
correctly, make a template or produce an xml and use this template resp. xml for stitching all othe shoots you did with this

This way you don´t need to care about anything but use the batch process for stitching all shoots "automatically".

Klaus

I guess you were using your Panoneed robotic pano head for this test?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:04 pm 

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:
immersiva.it wrote:

Klaus

I guess you were using your Panoneed robotic pano head for this test?

No - i used my modified manual Manfrotto head for shooting and "export to PapyWizard" after the first stitch.

Klaus

PS:
of course you need a manual head providing exactly reproducable settings for hor./vert. positions.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:24 pm 

mediavets wrote:
immersiva.it wrote:
But you have not answered the my question and it appears you have not yet grasped the issue ...

Now i really need a reply to my question. "how many time you think you need to publish a project like this and with quality and problem solving you say?" and, for how many money? :-)

I don't know - nor care - shooting and processing 60 or more panos a day wouldn't interest me; and certainly not as a hobby (unpaid).

Nevertheless I will continue to try to answer your questions about the use of PTP 2.x as best I can, bearing in mind that I have no interest in nor skills in 'hacking' the XML code.

I would say It is possible to process 60 panoramas in 24 hour and have each of them back within about 12 hours after they uploaded at dropbox.com.

Sure it does require a photographer that knows what he is doing and works strictly to my pattern of shooting.

And yes, it would not be much fun to process them ;-) Lot of sleeping waiting while the computer is doing it's thing and about 10 hoursclicking away in the editor ;-)