Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:00 pm 

Hi all,
there is some reason why i still use ptgui. One is ... with ptgui i can make a new projekt, load one single equirectangular as source image, and i can "re-stitch" this already done equi to make the horizon really horizontally.

Such a feature i would like to see in 3.5.x.

Why i ask for this feature ... i have a new little gadget, a hand-hold panoramacamera that records a complete equi with one single shot.

But ... when making an equi with this hand-held camera, the horizon is realy rare in a horizontal position. And i would be glad to have a chance to correct such an equi using apg.

greetings from germany
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:03 pm 

Christian Stüben wrote:
Hi all,
there is some reason why i still use ptgui. One is ... with ptgui i can make a new projekt, load one single equirectangular as source image, and i can "re-stitch" this already done equi to make the horizon really horizontally.

Why i ask for this feature ... i have a new little gadget, a hand-hold panoramacamera that records a complete equi with one single shot.

But ... when making an equi with this hand-held camera, the horizon is realy rare in a horizontal position. And i would be glad to have a chance to correct such an equi using apg.

greetings from germany
Chris

Hi Chris!

Put it on a tripod and level it. You´ll get a straight horizon . . =D :cool:

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:34 pm 

klausesser wrote:
Put it on a tripod and level it. You´ll get a straight horizon . . =D :cool:

I have been afraid to get an answer like this :p

Yesss, this little camera has a thread for tripod mounting, but it is intended to be used as "hand-held". You have seen the cactus shot. When you are on vacation, hiking in the mountains, you rarely have your complete pano equipment in your backpack. So many horizons in your panos are like a inclined plane (oops, right word? Schiefe Ebene).

And there are many more occasions for this camera, e.g. attached to a a long stick and held into the treetop to shoot the rare bird, where you have no chance to get a perfect horizon.

So i need something to correct the horizon in the final equi.

greetings to Düsseldorf
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:47 pm 

Christian Stüben wrote:
I have been afraid to get an answer like this :p

I was aware of that - but couldn´t hold back . . ;) :cool:

Christian Stüben wrote:
Yesss, this little camera has a thread for tripod mounting, but it is intended to be used as "hand-held". You have seen the cactus shot. When you are on vacation, hiking in the mountains, you rarely have your complete pano equipment in your backpack. So many horizons in your panos are like a inclined plane (oops, right word? Schiefe Ebene).

And there are many more occasions for this camera, e.g. attached to a a long stick and held into the treetop to shoot the rare bird, where you have no chance to get a perfect horizon.

So i need something to correct the horizon in the final equi.

greetings to Düsseldorf
Chris

Sounds very nice! What device is it? (you can send me a mail if you want to treat it as a secret . . ;) )

best to you and greetings to Wuppertal, Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:42 pm 

Christian Stüben wrote:
Hi all,

greetings from germany
Chris

Do you have a Ricoh Theta?

I heard that there might be specific support for that camera in 3.5.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:15 pm 
Administrator

We worked on equirectangular support in input. It works well even for detection, but we have an issue that prevented us to propose that: what about gigapixels support in input ? This is way too long to code. So for the moment, we could do an equirectangular support limited in size in input. If that is acceptable, then we can do it.
BTW: what would be that size limit for you ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:02 pm 

The camera outputs equis sized 3584x1792 pixels. That is thumbnail size / quality.

For some post-processing i double or quadruple the pixels to 7168x3584 or 14336x7168 pixels, to have some reserves for the processing lossen.

So in my case 3584x1792 is absolutely minimum, 7168*3584 better, 14366x7168 would be optimum. Yes i know, the last one is 102 megapixel / 306 megabyte.

When inputting a ready stitched equi, in my opinion there is no need for detection or optimization, it is already perfectly stitched. And it is the one and only input picture.

Hmm, if the graphic card and open gl pattern are the size limit, maybe a little help might be to divide too big equis to smaller tiles.

greetings from germany
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:26 pm 

I'd like to second this feature request.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:28 pm 

hmm....
copy your final equi pano once.
load both "single Images" to autopano
detect the "pano"
edit it changing Level of horizon etc.
Export it...
Georg