Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:37 pm 

Good Day,

I am looking at offering 360 Videos as an additional service to our clients but i have no clue which of the 360 heroes products to buy. Please advise what gear I need in order to shoot 360 x 180 Videos of Weddings as well indoor accommodation advertising. My second question is I saw a 360 video the other day where the stand and the person moving the camera was invisible within the 360 video. How does this work and does this require editing and if so in what software?

I look forward to some help!

P.S. I am not very impressed by 360 Heroes support as I have asked the above question twice with no response.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 am 

Hi.. I am sure there is a guru affiliated with 360 Hero that chats on this forum.. Perhaps do a search and send a PM...

Destiny..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:11 pm 

Kolor is selling the Freedom360 mount at http://www.kolor.com/buy/pack-freedom-rig-360.html, including a wide range of suitable accessories. The optional 5x adapter gives you two different configurations in one mount, plus the original Freedom360 geometry lets you orient the rig in any direction you need for framing a shot perfectly, while not drawing unnecessary attention during the shoot.

Joergen Geerds
Freedom360.us

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:25 pm 

netline wrote:
My second question is I saw a 360 video the other day where the stand and the person moving the camera was invisible within the 360 video. How does this work and does this require editing and if so in what software?

It would help posting a link to the video you were referring to. In general, the mounting pole "vanishes" in the stitching process, at least with the Freedom360 mount (which is why I invented that geometry). Hiding the person holding the pole can be achieved in three ways:
1. using a long pole (i.e. the 6m NodalNinja CF pole, extended to 3-5m) with counter-weights (or similar devices) at the end. If you are in a crowd, or a group of people, bringing the F360 towards the center of the action, you become a background object, barely recognizable as the person actually holding the camera. you could even hide behind another person.
2. for static shots, hiding a mounting plate for a pole under a piece of carpet is easy. or use a clamp/hook to hang the pole from the ceiling.
3. this is probably difficult or advanced: repeat the take twice: switching sides between the takes: you would need to have a robot like precision of your movement, but you could merge the 2 takes (in theory)

Joergen Geerds
Freedom360.us

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:33 pm 

Hey Joergen or anyone else,
I am interested in taking this to hotels in the area. Here is a link to a video I like.
http://www.shangri-la.com/toronto/shang ... deo-tour/#
I don't mind the missing area on the Bottom.
Would they have just 6 cameras hooked up, leaving the bottom camera off? Is that what is being done here?
And can this be stitched like this with the Autopano Video software?
And lastly, would you have any idea how this was shot? Tripod on wheels?

Thanks in advance!
Nate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:44 pm 

That is a really nice example...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 am 

Hello,
FYI. This example is made with a LadyBug2 camera from PTgrey (http://www.ptgrey.com/products/ladybug2 ... camera.asp). The stitching is made realtime with the camera, connected on a laptop.
Unfortunately this is not made with GoPro camera's. Best regards, Henk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:22 am 

emmm... I have checked out the Ladybug for a long time.... It was in the back of my mind that this gear was used when I saw this video tour... Very very interesting... The Ladybug 3 is used by Google street view....

Do you think the rig was mounted on a motorised trolly of some kind.... ??

I cannot find a pricing for the Ladybug2 gear...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:24 pm 

I think the price for such a camera is +/- 10.000,- euro.
The company that has made this production is called yellowBird.

Attachments:
accucar.jpg
accucar.jpg [ 126.33 KiB | Viewed 578 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:52 pm 

WOW.... I thought it was something like that... Very cool.. very very cool.. :)

Oh so sad... I might be abel to afford a wheel on the buggy... :( or a wheel bolt... :((

How do you know so much about this...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:38 pm 

Hello,
I have a small company making 360photos and interactive videos. Since the beginning of 360video I am very interested in the technique and capabilities. Finding a streamlined and efficient workflow is not so simple. If I have found that I will definitely offer this product to my clients. Until then a lot of testing.

Greetings, Henk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:37 pm 

Henk!
Thank you very much for the info. I really appreciate it.
€10,000? Well out of my range too :(
You are obviously the guy to ask so, do you think that the gopros could do anything "similar" to this?
Maybe with a pole for the gopros and a glidecam? http://www.glidecam.com/products.php

Thank you,
Nate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:56 pm 

natethoman wrote:
Maybe with a pole for the gopros and a glidecam? http://www.glidecam.com/products.php

Glidecam is a real great device and an alternative to the "real" (and VERY expensive) Steadycam. There´s even a spring-loaded arm and vest for it.

But for the GoPro-rig it´s not recommendable: the grip is off-center - so you always see your arm with the grip. When your moving isn´t smooth enough you can use the "warp-stabilizer" in AfterEffects (you anyway need a video-postpro application) - with which you can achive moves from your sequnces like made with a track-dolly.
Of course you need to attempt moving soft and smooth nevertheless.

The way Joergen described definitely is the preferable way to hold the rig.

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 pm 

Hi Nate,

Yes I think you can make such a similar production with GoPro cameras but it will not be easy. Testing and testing is the answer. Both with software and hardware! (I’am also searching for the best and affordable solution for this kind of productions)

Working with a GlideCam is (according to me) not an option. I have a GlideCam with arm and vest myself and tested it with GoPro cameras. Disadvantage is that the movements, as you walk, moves a little bit up and down. With a normal camera you can compensate that with software because you only have one direction you are looking at. That doesn't work with multiple cameras. You always have a kind of wavy movement. If your image on front goes down, your image behind goes up. The best is, as Joergen and Klaus also indicate, to use as fixed steady rig.

Regards, Henk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:33 pm 

I just wanted to say thank you to all who responded.

Hopefully something can be figured out with the gopros.
If I hear of anything or figure something out, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Best regards,
Nate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:03 pm 

Here is some info on all the equipment you need to shoot 360° video with GoPro's. The price estimates below are specific to the 360Heros rig's, since that is what I use.

But you would probably just need the 6 camera rig, since huge end-resolution probably isn't a deciding factor and it'll keep costs down. So you could use the Freedom360 or the 360Heros H3pro6. Or for 280° of capture then use 360Heros H3pro6N. You can adjust the price estimate below to reflect a 6 camera rig.

--- H3pro7 - Equipment List (7 camera rig): $5,551
--- H3pro10HD - Equipment List (10 camera rig): $8,104

Also here is a compete workflow into the intricacies of shooting 360 video - 360° Video Fundamentals

http://www.thefulldomeblog.com