Tiles not displaying on iPad  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
User avatar
scaber
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Info

Tiles not displaying on iPad

by scaber » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:30 am

I hope someone can suggest what's happening here. I've made a virtual tour of 6 linked panoramas and supplied them to a customer but they find that when they access the tour on an iPad they are getting error messages saying that some images files are unable to be located. The tour apparently works fine on a windows PC. I think they are hosting the tour somewhere on a Windows network.

When I access the same tour, hosted on my website, using an iPad everything works exactly as it should so it is all a big mystery to me.

Here is a capture of the errors that they are getting on their iPads.

Image

Has anyone else experienced , and hopefully solved, this sort of problem? It has occured to me that it may be something to do with their network setup but I am pretty clueless when it comes to that.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

- Greg

User avatar
scaber
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Info

Re: Tiles not displaying on iPad

by scaber » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:48 am

Had another chat to them. I presume that the same tiles are used for both flash and html5 display so if it works on one system then is it reasonable to think it should run on the other?

I presume that the %FIRSTXML% is an environment variable to set the parent directory - could that possible cause a problem if it hasn't been initialised properly?

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 5848
Likes: 92 posts
Liked in: 199 posts
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am
Location: France
Info

Re: Tiles not displaying on iPad

by benji33 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Probably do you have an url for test please ?
Benjamin

User avatar
scaber
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Info

Re: Tiles not displaying on iPad

by scaber » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:26 am

benji33 wrote:Probably do you have an url for test please ?

Thanks for the reply

Sadly I can't supply this. Due to security concerns they only will allow this to be available within their own network to their staff for training purposes - that is making it quite difficult as I can only make suggestions and then wait to see what happens.

At least they have verified that it works ok when on a different server than the network one which they want to use for hosting this so this makes me wonder what might happen if they are using virtual directories - any ideas about that?

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Tiles not displaying on iPad

by mediavets » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 am

scaber wrote:
benji33 wrote:Probably do you have an url for test please ?

Thanks for the reply

Sadly I can't supply this. Due to security concerns they only will allow this to be available within their own network to their staff for training purposes - that is making it quite difficult as I can only make suggestions and then wait to see what happens.

At least they have verified that it works ok when on a different server than the network one which they want to use for hosting this so this makes me wonder what might happen if they are using virtual directories - any ideas about that?


Then it's really not your problem is it?

It's their problem and it appears they don't really know what they are doing.

Or did you contract to make it work on their remote LAN server to which you have no access?

What web server are they running on this 'network server'? Or is that also a corporate secret?

User avatar
scaber
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Info

Re: Tiles not displaying on iPad

by scaber » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:12 pm

mediavets wrote:
scaber wrote:
At least they have verified that it works ok when on a different server than the network one which they want to use for hosting this so this makes me wonder what might happen if they are using virtual directories - any ideas about that?


Then it's really not your problem is it?

It's their problem and it appears they don't really know what they are doing.

Or did you contract to make it work on their remote LAN server to which you have no access?

What web server are they running on this 'network server'? Or is that also a corporate secret?


No, it's not my problem but I feel that if I can help them find a solution I am likely to get more work from them so proabably worth while me making some sort of effort!

I didn't think to ask about their web server, must find that out next time I talk to them.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Tiles not displaying on iPad

by mediavets » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:55 pm

scaber wrote:
mediavets wrote:
scaber wrote:
At least they have verified that it works ok when on a different server than the network one which they want to use for hosting this so this makes me wonder what might happen if they are using virtual directories - any ideas about that?


Then it's really not your problem is it?

It's their problem and it appears they don't really know what they are doing.

Or did you contract to make it work on their remote LAN server to which you have no access?

What web server are they running on this 'network server'? Or is that also a corporate secret?


No, it's not my problem but I feel that if I can help them find a solution I am likely to get more work from them so probably worth while me making some sort of effort!

Yes, I can understand that.

I didn't think to ask about their web server, must find that out next time I talk to them.


For any PTP/PTP 2.x tour to work correctly it must be delivered froma web server - I guess thay are aware of that?

User avatar
scaber
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Info

Re: Tiles not displaying on iPad

by scaber » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:04 pm

mediavets wrote:For any PTP/PTP 2.x tour to work correctly it must be delivered froma web server - I guess thay are aware of that?


Yes, it is installed on a web server. I'm sure it must have something to do with how their network has been set up. Actually a thought just occurred to me as a wrote that - PTP doesn't use any other scripting, apart from javascript, does it - eg php?

I did check that they permitted javascript but didn't think of checking anything else.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests