Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:58 pm 

Hello,

I am having setbacks in regards to aligning the livepano video frame with the pano. Is there a special way that we must capture the video frame? For instance when I look in my camera (8mm samyang) viewfinder in shutter priority compared to movie mode, the movie mode focal distance is closer to the subject. My video capture is larger when looking through the video and pano blend and has difficulty lining up.

Are there any tips about how to take the video, how to capture the frame and how to blend it in livepano?

Here is a redo of a skateboard park but I ran into the same stitching issues.

1st try http://virtualtournet.com/ptp2/livepano/
2nd try http://virtualtournet.com/ptp2/skate/bonsor-skate2.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:48 am 

You seem to have made a mistake with your registration image for one.. Also, your white balance with video and image is not matching.... I would suggest you set your white balance with the video and then set you pano to the same. You cannot move anything.. You simply shoot either your video or pano in any order, extract your first video frame as at the registration frame which is then stitched into the pano.. There is a hug miss-alinment of your registration image and the pano.. Did you set your registration image to the same focal and lens types as you used for your pano..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:57 am 

Good evening Destiny,

Thank you for your help.
I am not an accomplished photographer :P

White balance I will pay attention to this.
The registration frame when captured comes out as a different size that the 5 around shots.
I have been adding the registration frame to the pano before rendering otherwise it will not show up to be selected in livepano.
Yes...huge misalignment issues *uggg$#!*
I have never set a registration image to the same focal and lens type before. I used an 8mm samyang for the pano and video.

I am going to try another one asap and document it.

Thanks so much Destiny!!

Have a great weekend!!
We have been watching the Master Chef in Australia and really would love to visit your country soon.

Destiny wrote:
You seem to have made a mistake with your registration image for one.. Also, your white balance with video and image is not matching.... I would suggest you set your white balance with the video and then set you pano to the same. You cannot move anything.. You simply shoot either your video or pano in any order, extract your first video frame as at the registration frame which is then stitched into the pano.. There is a hug miss-alinment of your registration image and the pano.. Did you set your registration image to the same focal and lens types as you used for your pano..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:19 am 

Just make sure that you set your registration image to the same lens type, set it to Fisheye.. It will default to normal lens.. After you have stitched your pano, there should be no noticeable registration image in the pano.. Its hidden..

What I do, is set my white balance and focal etc to my video.. Everything on manual.. which is very important...

What did you use to extract the registration frame....

Master chief is good.. but I can only cook Thai food.. ;)

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:52 am 

Thank you again,

Quote:
Just make sure that you set your registration image to the same lens type, set it to Fisheye

Is this done in APG? when I add the capture to the detect group of 6 pano images?
Swweeeet,,,,thats what im hoping for a seamless stitch. and that makes total sense that the video image which is basically a screen shot is not lining up with the fisheye pano shots =D
Didnt know I can do wb on video, doh!
I used VLC and snipping tool.

Destiny wrote:
Just make sure that you set your registration image to the same lens type, set it to Fisheye.. It will default to normal lens.. After you have stitched your pano, there should be no noticeable registration image in the pano.. Its hidden..

What I do, is set my white balance and focal etc to my video.. Everything on manual.. which is very important...

What did you use to extract the registration frame....

Master chief is good.. but I can only cook Thai food.. ;)

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 am 

Well, there is a really big issue here.. APG 3.0.8 does a horrible job of stitching... I can prove that.. 2.6 is better.... The issue is.. AGP 3.5 does not have LivePano.. Also, even though APG 3.5 does a much better job of stitching, it has bug on the Zenith which might be pulling images out from where they are supposed to be stitched... This bug will be fixed soon and hopefully LivePano will also be active. In the mean time, even if your NNP is correctly set, you might experience some issues with stitching depending on your shooting pattern....

Until I can do LivePano using APG 3.5 I am not going to bother with it.... In making sure you set the reference images to fisheye, you need to change that in image properties.. It will default to normal lens.. You need to set it to fisheye.... This image below is just an example.. Not one created for LivePano but its the same process....

Destiny...

Attachments:
ImageProperties.jpg
ImageProperties.jpg [ 131.11 KiB | Viewed 204 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:36 am 

Hi Destiny,

Thanks for the screenies, no luck so far. Tired and eyes are sore.

Destiny wrote:
Well, there is a really big issue here.. APG 3.0.8 does a horrible job of stitching... I can prove that.. 2.6 is better.... The issue is.. AGP 3.5 does not have LivePano.. Also, even though APG 3.5 does a much better job of stitching, it has bug on the Zenith which might be pulling images out from where they are supposed to be stitched... This bug will be fixed soon and hopefully LivePano will also be active. In the mean time, even if your NNP is correctly set, you might experience some issues with stitching depending on your shooting pattern....

Until I can do LivePano using APG 3.5 I am not going to bother with it.... In making sure you set the reference images to fisheye, you need to change that in image properties.. It will default to normal lens.. You need to set it to fisheye.... This image below is just an example.. Not one created for LivePano but its the same process....

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:27 am 

Oh.. Not good...

The process to follow is not to hard..

I set my WB to my video.. It works better... You can capture your video first if you want.. The thing to make sure you do not move your tripod.. Then capture your panos using the exact same WB and focal.. Leave all as it is.. After you have shot your pano, you then extract your first frame from the video..

Add your video registration frame to your pano and stitch it, making sure your registration images is set to fisheye...

Then save your APG files.. Go to PTP, add your pano, then import LivePano where it will ask for your APG file and video files.. Its then just a matter of following the wizard...

You can send me your files if you want.. I might be able to see what you are doing wrong..

This was my first LivePano test.. My NNP was out a bit so if I were to do it again, it would be better... This is by no means perfect.. But as I said, I am hanging out for the stable APG version with LP to try again....

I would also consider your video frame.. You really do not want people moving out of it.. Or it will look strange..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... oTour.html

Destiny..